Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Pepera Auction HH

Article about: I have to say I am very happy with the results for the Family from John. The best decision they did, and all was supported with Jason Burmeister. Very top good results, quality is getting pa

Default Pepera Auction HH

I have to say I am very happy with the results for the Family from John.
    The best decision they did, and all was supported with Jason Burmeister.

Very top good results, quality is getting paid back. Top class investments as well.
    I will never listen anymore to the question where this hobby will go and if the market will drop down.

RIP John, with greetings from Bavaria!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pepera Auction HH
    P
    Many

The results of the auction were sure very good... but also a little bit out of earth!!!
    19000 for a Generals Visor??? I mean, a Generals visor is for sure an EXTREMLY RARE cap, but is it worth 19000?? Not in my opinion!!
    That same goes for the dagger that brought 19000 too... in my opinion, the dagger isn´t worth 19000...
    This hobby starts more and more to become a gameball for the rich only, without any possibilities for "normal" people to grab a nice piece.... and that is wrong in my opinion...
    Quality should get paid, that´s right, but I should not get overpaid, as seen in the example of the Generals cap, or the dagger!!

And at the end of the day, the subject, our hobby stays old stuff... old stuff, which we have a passion for, but which is also useless for many people too... I think, this is something, one should always keep in mind, when you are buying militaria!!

Quote by collector19 View Post
    The results of the auction were sure very good... but also a little bit out of earth!!!
    19000 for a Generals Visor??? I mean, a Generals visor is for sure an EXTREMLY RARE cap, but is it worth 19000?? Not in my opinion!!
    That same goes for the dagger that brought 19000 too... in my opinion, the dagger isn´t worth 19000...
    This hobby starts more and more to become a gameball for the rich only, without any possibilities for "normal" people to grab a nice piece.... and that is wrong in my opinion...
    Quality should get paid, that´s right, but I should not get overpaid, as seen in the example of the Generals cap, or the dagger!!

And at the end of the day, the subject, our hobby stays old stuff... old stuff, which we have a passion for, but which is also useless for many people too... I think, this is something, one should always keep in mind, when you are buying militaria!!
    dont forget when you ask a dealer who advertise we buy

Just to make it clear:
    I DO NOT WANT to start a discussion about the market situation in general (if the maket is going up/down...)

I just wanted to express my opinion about the prices and items, which were recently paid/ sold at the auction... THAT´S ALL

Such is life my friend and not just for antiques. I mean, do you put up the same complaint because you are unable to purchase a Royals Royce due to the price even though it is something you are passionate about and feel you 'deserve' to have?
    I'm happy with what the items went for; the family surely deserved it and it just goes to show the hobby is NOT in the decline that so many would want you to believe it is.
    Additionally, if you, or anyone else, are unable to afford a General cap, 20k dagger, etc. which command such "high" prices there are still many of other historically important Thrid Reich items out there that you can afford....in other words, not everyone needs a Generals visor. As Larry says, it's not the size[or which items] of your collection, but the passion for the history.
    The key here is to be happy with what you have, I know I sure am, otherwise you will never be happy....regardless if you have hundreds of General visors.

?

Soooooo you are telling me if you had a ss general visor you would have sold it to a collector for 500,- instead for 19000,-?!
    I believe there is a bigger chance for the item to be preserved by a "rich" buyer, than a kid down the block who needs a new party hat.

I am only teasing you, nothing serious i know what you mean. But as i have said before: An item is only worth as much as a person is willing to pay.
    --------

And the ww2 items are not even antiques, to be classified as an antiques the item has to be 100years old. (i believe i read that somewhere)

Hi Robert Thanks for posting this news..I am glad the family was taken care of..and was in the right hands..to receive..the best value.

This time..its not about the artifacts....Its about the Family Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Pepera Auction HHPepera Auction HHHere is the silk senior leader cap.

Pepera Auction HHPepera Auction HHPepera Auction HHPepera Auction HHPepera Auction HHI own a silk regular officer cap and a woolen senior leader cap.

Glad to know that the interest in this material has vanished.

More glad am I, then, that Pepera's life work is memorialized, and the value accrues to the family, where it belongs. He had a remarkable collection, indeed.
    He was a fine colleague to many, and his example of such generous sharing of knowledge is one to emulate. The care with which he created such a collection over decades is doubly impressive
    and one sees how he knew so much of merit that remains of benefit to so many. This discipline, focus and generosity set an example for all of us.
    It is the most precious thing about a person versus possessions, things, and collectibles.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast