Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Pepera Auction HH

Article about: I have to say I am very happy with the results for the Family from John. The best decision they did, and all was supported with Jason Burmeister. Very top good results, quality is getting pa

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Soooooo you are telling me if you had a ss general visor you would have sold it to a collector for 500,- instead for 19000,-?!
    I believe there is a bigger chance for the item to be preserved by a "rich" buyer, than a kid down the block who needs a new party hat.

I am only teasing you, nothing serious i know what you mean. But as i have said before: An item is only worth as much as a person is willing to pay.
    --------

And the ww2 items are not even antiques, to be classified as an antiques the item has to be 100years old. (i believe i read that somewhere)

If you are a nice person, then maybe you can have the generals cap for 500??!! ;-)
    Just kidding....

LOL, I just imagine... a "block kid" partying with a black generals cap... it makes me laugh!! :-D

Of course, such "treasures" must be secured... and of course everyone should buy, what he want to for it...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pepera Auction HH
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    More glad am I, then, that Pepera's life work is memorialized, and the value accrues to the family, where it belongs. He had a remarkable collection, indeed.
    He was a fine colleague to many, and his example of such generous sharing of knowledge is one to emulate. The care with which he created such a collection over decades is doubly impressive
    and one sees how he knew so much of merit that remains of benefit to so many. This discipline, focus and generosity set an example for all of us.
    It is the most precious thing about a person versus possessions, things, and collectibles.
    Hear Hear...Bravo
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The shock-horror posts over "the rich collector" crop up repeatedly when something goes for more than might be expected but who is to say that the 19,000 was paid by a "rich collector" it might equally have been someone's life-savings willingly paid for a a item of special interest or merit to them.

I have willingly paid two or three times what I would normally have paid to obtain an item for my collection that I deemed important or desirable enough to acquire. I cannot be the only collector on here to do that?

In my experience "Price" only has any relevance to the underbidder

Just my price sensitive two cents worth.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Well said.

Rationality rarely plays a part in the "collectors" mind..I agree totally with Stefan.When you see a piece you want,price is not the factor..And that is not looking at it from an elitist attitude by any means,ive found the more money you have,the higher your expectations of an item become...You can get just as much joy from something worth relatively nothing and equally from an $19k SS Visor...theres plenty for all of us, and most "bargains" come from knowledge

?

Red face

Quote by StefanM View Post

I have willingly paid two or three times what I would normally have paid to obtain an item for my collection that I deemed important or desirable enough to acquire. I cannot be the only collector on here to do that?
    Guilty as charged! I never see the price on the item, If i can afford it, and if i can find an excuse for myself to purchasing the item- i will do it. I have no problem doing this, maybe because i have never collected with re-sale in mind.

Pepera Auction HHIn 1972, I traded 275 dollars worth of caps for this tunic. Such a thing was considered by others to be insane, since, at that time, an army tunic cost 35 dollars.

How many caps would it take now You really do have an amazing collection, as do many on here..Still trying to get DougB to adopt me

Regards the 19k cap.
    I was some years ago invited in a Hotel room from a well known dealer to inspect a Standard blk Gen visor cap.
    The price tag back then was around 35k USD. So how many silk topped Gen. caps are in existance? I know only one but think 2 are out.
    The price of 19k is quite a fair market price for my view.
    We know other SS visor prices as well from certain Gen. caps that went way higher as they are very hard to find those days.

The SS whistle was also expensive but who cares how many such ORIGINAL examples are out ...

Anyhow it is anyones own business to spend money and for super rare original items is no market price in existance.

Gladly the Pepera family did well, thats all what counts about this auction.

Quote by Robert H View Post
    Regards the 19k cap.
    I was some years ago invited in a Hotel room from a well known dealer to inspect a Standard blk Gen visor cap.
    The price tag back then was around 35k USD. So how many silk topped Gen. caps are in existance? I know only one but think 2 are out.
    The price of 19k is quite a fair market price for my view.
    We know other SS visor prices as well from certain Gen. caps that went way higher as they are very hard to find those days.

The SS whistle was also expensive but who cares how many such ORIGINAL examples are out ...

Anyhow it is anyones own business to spend money and for super rare original items is no market price in existance.

Gladly the Pepera family did well, thats all what counts about this auction.
    Robert, how many black early Generals silkens are out there? Which ones are you referring too?

Kind regards SK

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast