Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Pepera Auction HH

Article about: I have to say I am very happy with the results for the Family from John. The best decision they did, and all was supported with Jason Burmeister. Very top good results, quality is getting pa

Quote by wizardman View Post
    How many caps would it take now You really do have an amazing collection, as do many on here..Still trying to get DougB to adopt me
    Thanks. My collections is quite modest in comparison with several others, to be sure. And there are other, unknown remarkable collections that will reveal themselves, especially when the market falls apart.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pepera Auction HH
    P
    Many

The silk senior leader cap sold for Euros 19000 plus the fees. So one of you will tell me how much that sum reaches in dollars.

Just over $26k US ..but it is surely, a once in a lifetime acquisition

Quote by wizardman View Post
    Just over $26k US ..but it is surely, a once in a lifetime acquisition
    Indeed, it is. And my best wishes to the new owner. It was actually offered to me several years ago at a lower price, and I did not buy it.

I am talking about blk silk top Gen visor caps like the one sold from HH.

Price is 9.5% plus then the 23%. I calculate €25589 / $34952.02 USD

Quote by Silberkreuz View Post
    Robert, how many black early Generals silkens are out there? Which ones are you referring too?

Kind regards SK

Proof, as if any were needed, that this material is collapsing into a pile of goo.

Actually, it is proof that I am a dork, since he offered it to me for USD 20000 about seven or nine years ago.

So I am glad that his family does well from the experience, and that is all that matters.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-16-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Quote by Robert H View Post

I understand exactly what you are talking about, you said you know of 2No. Generals silken, as this one was sold by HH and I own KW's, I was wondering if you knew of anymore.

I don't my friend.

?

All in all - yes, there are good points to all of this... "its a rich mans game", "the hobby is going down the tube", "prices are way to high", "the market will collapse."

For the collector who spends his life's savings on a visor cap - enjoy it! To the guy selling his collection for retirement - hope you get the best price possible!

In the end - as was said - it is what the buyer is willing to pay! I personally bought things at the SOS for a bit more than I was willing to pay because - 1) It was the only one I have seen in a while 2) I wanted it and 3) I'm a collector in this hobby.

Most of us - may not get the chance to own several high valued items, bought from dealers, auctions, etc. It's part of the game!!

I can bet my skin - if someone (maybe on this forum) found that same Gen. visor cap at a garage sale and wanted to sell it - they would ALSO want $25K for it!!! Or for any "high value" - "rare" item..... ;p

Plain and simple - if you want an "item" in your collection or have been waiting years and years to acquire one piece - its all about what your willing to pay and the seller is willing to sell it for!! Supply and demand - and I don't see the "high value" items dropping by far ranges any time soon... Rare is rare and I was once told by a collector of over 50 yrs - "its about quality not quantity." So if you want quality - your gonna pay for it... So is life...

With that said I have a VERY RARE HJ armband for sale - $20K! CHEAP - any takers? lol JK......

Onward and upward! Duff

Quote by Robert H View Post

Hello Robert!

For what are you adding the 9,5%???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast