Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Peter Jenkins

Article about: Dear forum members, I was wondering if anyone knows if Peter Jenkins still operates his business as the website is no longer active. Does he post on forums or does he prefer not to? Regards,

?

Default Peter Jenkins

Dear forum members,

I was wondering if anyone knows if Peter Jenkins still operates his business as the website is no longer active. Does he post on forums or does he prefer not to?

Regards,

CMH

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Peter Jenkins
    P
    Many

Default Re: Peter Jenkins

Bob Coleman is in touch with him. I think the website has collapsed.

About eight months ago, Peter had all of his stock confiscated by German Customs on his way to a show in Germany. He finally had everything returned late last year. He was also occupied with building a new house. I spent quite a bit of time with him at the SOS. Eventually, he should update his site.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    About eight months ago, Peter had all of his stock confiscated by German Customs on his way to a show in Germany. He finally had everything returned late last year. He was also occupied with building a new house. I spent quite a bit of time with him at the SOS. Eventually, he should update his site.
    Argh! What a nightmare. I imagine he was sweating for those few months.

Wow! Drugs run rampant across this world and they worry about confiscating WWII German items. Unbelievable.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Wow! Drugs run rampant across this world and they worry about confiscating WWII German items. Unbelievable.
    Germany and the German people suffered greatly due to the actions of Hitler and his policies. It is understandable that their history does not allow them to have the same standards as we have.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Easier to pick on the little guy instead of big, nasty criminals.

Germany and the German people suffered greatly due to the actions of Hitler and his policies. It is understandable that their history does not allow them to have the same standards as we have.
    I understand that, Bob. But as far as priorities go, Id imagine there are "bigger fish to fry." Perhaps not. I hope he can get back on his feet.

?

Thank you Bob and FB for the information. I knew of his troubles with German Customs and had wondered if it had soured his taste for collecting and operating his militaria business. I have been meaning to contact him and introduce myself as I hope he could pass on some information regarding one of the items I own.

Out of curiosity, are business owners that specialize in selling TR militaria within Germany under close scrutiny by authorities? I imagine it would be a bit risky to advertise considering the regulations there.

Best regards,

CMH

Well said. To say nothing that Neo Nazis have been happily murdering persons in Germany with little intervention from the police and such Neo Nazis are also forming terror cells in German prisons. Do recall that this is an apolitical website, and Germany, Austria and other nations have different laws than does the United States. If you want to engage such issues, then your place is elsewhere. German customs also pursues other customs violators in their variety with determination.

- - Updated - -

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Thank you Bob and FB for the information. I knew of his troubles with German Customs and had wondered if it had soured his taste for collecting and operating his militaria business. I have been meaning to contact him and introduce myself as I hope he could pass on some information regarding one of the items I own.

Out of curiosity, are business owners that specialize in selling TR militaria within Germany under close scrutiny by authorities? I imagine it would be a bit risky to advertise considering the regulations there.

Best regards,

CMH
    yes, they are.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast