Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Pic of Klaus BARBIE

Article about: Hi, here with a pic of SS "Sturmführer" Klaus Barbie . Please have a look on his arm eagle... odd.... a bad fake IMO... lol has someone already seen something like that ? info woul

Photoshop... Someone posted [incorrectly] on the forum the other day that "every picture is worth 1000 words"... Since the invention of Photoshop, I suppose it can be more complicated. I was taking Photography and Graphics in school in the 1990's when Photoshop was brand new, and there was serious talk of having a stamp (an imposed watermark) on pics to say "digitally manipulated" to let people know, but of course this never happened or even close to to being the norm, in fact I have never even seen it once on a pic hanging anywhere, even though traditional photographic (old fashioned print process) were trying to compete with Photoshoped images, unfair...

But anyway, back to the phrase quoted on the forum the other day, not only is a pic not worth what it used to be (in the case of this post, it can cause confusion), but "every pic is worth"... Hardly. Most pics aren't worth time it takes to look at them, nevermind a thousand words (unless they include a note to the seller that reads "can you please send decent pics that aren't fuzzy, blurry, washed out, from too far away, or way too close with flash, etc), just ask General Putnam in his recent helmet thread...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pic of Klaus BARBIE
    P
    Many

Awesome work digging deep and finding this. Great example of why this is my go-to forum.

?

My initial thought was a "Reverse" negative to "Positive"... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Though I've never been and never will be a collector that bases an item's authenticity solely on being "textbook", there's somewhat of a justification to the madness at times. Example: In the past few days many collectors have had to come to the realization they're out 20-30 thousand dollars because they once believed in a non-textbook SS champagne "decal".
    When I first enlarged this image, albeit after reading d'alquen's comment, I was immediately reminded with today's modern technology changing the characteristics of an old photograph is as easy as taking the picture itself....and these guys didn't even do all that good of a job.
    Pic of Klaus BARBIE

looks like a scanned-in left facing alloy railroad eagle to me. The feather tips are odd and the 'curl' toward the neck far wider than any SS I have seen......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I have a question regarding Claus Barbi that maybe someone can answer. In the book about him entitled Clause Barbi Butcher of Lyons by Tom Bower the picture of Claus Barbi in the book and on the cover shows him in a group photo wearing what appears to be a Wehrmacht uniform yet it is entitle Barbi with his SS team. I've always kind of wondered about this but can anyone shed some light on this?? Thanks!!

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    In the past few days many collectors have had to come to the realization they're out 20-30 thousand dollars because they once believed in a non-textbook SS champagne "decal".
    This is where the problem lies, the CH decal, once published, became 'textbook'. The myth then develops itself into truth and away it goes...

@ sargetom

Claus Barbi? What is that, a Barbi doll dropped off by Santa on Christmas morning? Are you misspelling his name on purpose or... Are we really supposed to look like we're seriously studying something here when we can't even get his name right? I think the proper study of history might just require a smidge more effort than this?

Sorry, but I'm seeing quite a few incoherent posts here in the last few days, and I need to say something. I don't want to see the forum slip into a place where anything goes because we can't even put in the time to write a decent post, while in this case discussing a notorious Third Reich figure, a man capable of the most sadistic torture...

Klaus Barbie: women testify of torture at his hands

@ Youthcollector1

Long time no hear? Missed you here...

Two comments about your post. 1st) It's sad and unbelievable that anyone would spend $20-30k on a helmet, SS decals be damned... I just don't see the value being that high and never will. 2nd) It's even sadder and more unbelievable that they got ripped off on a bum piece at that price. I guess I'll just have to be content with collector beginner pieces... that are decently priced, and real to boot

Quote by sargetom View Post
    I have a question regarding Claus Barbi that maybe someone can answer. In the book about him entitled Clause Barbi Butcher of Lyons by Tom Bower the picture of Claus Barbi in the book and on the cover shows him in a group photo wearing what appears to be a Wehrmacht uniform yet it is entitle Barbi with his SS team. I've always kind of wondered about this but can anyone shed some light on this?? Thanks!!
    Hello,
    Before the war (in 1938 i think), Klaus Barbie spent a few months in the Heer before joining the dark side of the force...
    Thanks

Below...Barbie while in the Heer

Pic of Klaus BARBIE

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by Larboard View Post
    @ sargetom

Claus Barbi? What is that, a Barbi doll dropped off by Santa on Christmas morning?

Hello,
    Actually the doll has the same name than Klaus....it's BARBIE, not Barbi...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast