Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Pic of Klaus BARBIE

Article about: Hi, here with a pic of SS "Sturmführer" Klaus Barbie . Please have a look on his arm eagle... odd.... a bad fake IMO... lol has someone already seen something like that ? info woul

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Before the war (in 1938 i think), Klaus Barbie spent a few months in the Heer before joining the dark side of the force...

Below...Barbie while in the Heer
    Problem is, that's the ribbon of the Ostmedaille in the buttonhole, which could not have been awarded before 1942.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pic of Klaus BARBIE
    P
    Many

Yes, correct, in fact it is Barbie doll. Very popular... "C'mon Barbie, lets go party" great song... Barbi would be the ridiculously cute 70's pinup Barbi Benton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH3gdCiHGgk

Didn't know she could sing, I guess that's the beauty of the internet. Just to see her pictures was enough for me

Must be your intellectual superiority kicking in!!

Can we please forget about the dolls of the plastic or animate variety and return to the subject.

Huzzah! A voice of reason!

?

Very intresting topic.

In France, Klaus Barbie is knowned as " le chef de la Gestapo lyonnaise " ( Lyon's Gestapo chief ).
    That' s how he' s presented in his court case.

For people who understand french, i recommand you to watch the speech for the defense from Jacques Vergès.
    you can find it on youtube.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Can we please forget about the dolls of the plastic or animate variety and return to the subject.
    As ever, one of our very best members shows us the way ahead. Mr, d' Alquen is a very accomplished pictorial researcher, whose role here is of benefit to us all.
    He has done research the classic way, versus the endless plagiarism of the same thing that operates today with the internet. The digital modus and the editing of pictures blends together with a general ignorance about the past to enable this kind of thing. I cannot fathom the purpose, other than to restore the Aermelabzeichen from a
    denazified image.

The goal of this site remains, as Andreas points it out, real knowledge of real benefit to those who have a genuine interest in the past versus the sad alternative.

We are grateful that Mr. d'Alquen shares of his remarkable archives with us here. I am especially grateful to Andreas for being such a force for good here,
    with his wonderful English, which is not his native language, and should be an example to those of us for whom English is our first tongue. He is so very wise about
    the regalia of the III. Reich and shows us all how a person can build this site. So many wrongly tax the time and patience of others, and give nothing at all in return.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-08-2015 at 09:32 PM.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The middle (white in the pic) part of the ribbon in that picture seems to be too wide when I compare it to my ostmedaille. Also, the black strip in the middle of the white on a ostmedaille ribbon is just as noticeable as the white. Maybe it's something else?

Quote by klashownz View Post
    The middle (white in the pic) part of the ribbon in that picture seems to be too wide when I compare it to my ostmedaille. Also, the black strip in the middle of the white on a ostmedaille ribbon is just as noticeable as the white. Maybe it's something else?
    The white domeering the black is surely just due to glare and blurriness.

Also, the only ribbons authorized for wear in the buttonhole were those of war decorations and that of the Lifesaving Medal. The only war decorations for WW2 worn from ribbons were the EK2, KVK2, Ostmedaille and the various 2nd classes of the Eastern People's Decoration. (It is clearly none of those other ribbons.)

For WW1, there were a number more possibilities, but Barbie was born in 1913, so all WW1 decorations are out of the question for him altogether.

So, the important point is:

If all of Barbie's Wehrmacht service was in the pre-war period, he couldn't have qualified for any decoration represented by a buttonhole ribbon on his army uniform (other than, theoretically, the Lifesaving Medal.)

Thus, I doubt it is really him in that photograph.

Well done, Andreas!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast