Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

A picture for Larry C.

Article about: as per your request, but you have to look closely at subject side arms in said image.

Default Re: A picture for Larry C.

A picture for Larry C.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A picture for Larry C.
    P
    Many

Default Re: A picture for Larry C.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Please, excuse my ignorance on uniforms and regulations, but no ribbon bars on "walking out" dress?
    Ribbon bars could be worn with "walking out dress", but it was not obligatory.

(By the way, the thread loops for Günsche's rather long ribbon bar can be clearly seen above his left breast pocket.)

?

A couple more images for LarryC showing the dagger worn with the grey uniform. These images were found at the other forum. They belong to cjam219.
    A picture for Larry C.A picture for Larry C.
    Thanks

Thankyou JHAM ...Rare indeed seeing any surviving period photographs of the Grey uniform and the CH SS Dagger. I will add these 2 to the Period in wear Photographs thread in the dagger forum. Thankyou again. Regards Larry

SS - Schutzstaffel
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

One more image for LarryC from the other site posted by member darre2.
    A picture for Larry C.

Very nice, thank you.

Once again a great heart felt thankyou of a photo to add to the " In wear " data base and thread. Thankyou Mr. JHAM

An under the pocket attachment seen on these later Grey SS uniforms. The officer appears to be an SS Major ..someone correct me if Im mistaken and I can not make out the sleeve diamond designation.

Also in view is the use of a "Jule Lechter " with candle lit..this in itself is a rare sight. Excellent study into the SS culture.

Last observation is the Officer in the back of the photo in the black uniform appearing to be an SS NCO ....but his caps shape appears to be something else and not SS.

Once again Gentlemen.I am among greatness here and thankyou for your thoughts by advancing the hobby and adding clarity of how these daggers were worn.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Somewhat off topic.

Small correction Larry C, sorry: the correct word is "Julleuchter" or "Jul-Leuchter"!

A picture for Larry C.

A picture for Larry C.

A picture for Larry C.
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 08-28-2016 at 11:15 AM.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    An under the pocket attachment seen on these later Grey SS uniforms. The officer appears to be an SS Major ..someone correct me if Im mistaken and I can not make out the sleeve diamond designation.

Also in view is the use of a "Jule Lechter " with candle lit..this in itself is a rare sight. Excellent study into the SS culture.

Last observation is the Officer in the back of the photo in the black uniform appearing to be an SS NCO ....but his caps shape appears to be something else and not SS.
    The photograph is of a wartime SS wedding ceremony.

The sleeve diamond worn by the officer with the chained honor dagger is "SD" for the Sicherheitsdienst. His rank is Obersturmbannführer [equivalent to an Oberstleutnant/Lieutenant Colonel]. (The collar patch has four rank pips and a lace bar.) He is holding a plate with the symbolic gift of bread and salt.

We can tell from the shoulder boards that the groom is either a member of the Waffen-SS or the SD/Sipo. (Most likely the latter, with his superior officer presiding over the ceremony.) He is as also an "Alter Kämpfer" (note the Honor Chevron).

The man in the background is clearly an SS NCO. Since he is still dressed in the black uniform at this time period, he is very likely a member of the Allgemeine SS.

The photo is a good study of a festive SS ceremony with all the typical regalia present (SS- and Swastika flag, Hitler bust, Julleuchter).

Was the original photo in the thread taken in Berlin? i can't make out the name on the street sign!..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast