Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

A picture for Larry C.

Article about: as per your request, but you have to look closely at subject side arms in said image.

Default Re: A picture for Larry C.

Very interesting photo. Downfall was a great movie. I still watch it every few months.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A picture for Larry C.
    P
    Many

?

Thank you so much Friedrich! Your contributions are always the best on this forum, i have been looking for a chained ss with portepee photo for months now.
    I can't thank you enough for this rare opportunity to see this photo
    Ryan

A picture for Larry C.A picture for Larry C.I inherited a dagger with an officer's sword knot, which is likely bogus, but I have left it as is....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-20-2013 at 02:12 PM.

I can heartily recommend Traudl Junge's memoirs; they are well worth reading, especially for their inside perspective on the people populating Hitler's inner circle. (Apart from the historical interest, there are some amusing anecdotes to be had, as well.)

Just for the sake of completeness, allow me to identify the other SS officers in the photograph flanking Traudl Junge and her husband Hans Junge:

On the left is Otto Günsche and on the right Erich Kempka; they were the best men in the couple's wedding on 19 June 1943.

Of course, Günsche is best known as Hitler's SS adjutant and Kempka for being Hitler's longtime personal driver... and ultimately responsible for procuring the gasoline used to burn his body.

Her interview "Im toten Winkel" is definitely worth watching, as she describes how she was carried away by the flow of events...
    "Ich konnte nicht wissen, dass mich das Schicksal so vorantreibt" Traudl Junge
    cheers, Glenn

ian
    ?

i see the their uniforms apear to be a little tight on them ,,
    Question ,,why are they not wearing belts ??
    cheers ian

?

The Traudl Junge memoirs are indeed well worth reading - a fine close perspective of the inner circle, as stated above by HPL.

Regards,

Carl

Quote by ian View Post
    i see the their uniforms apear to be a little tight on them ,,
    Question ,,why are they not wearing belts ??
    For the same reason that they are wearing long trousers and shoes instead of boots: They are in "walking out'' order of dress.

The tightly-fitting look of their tailored uniforms was desired, as this was considered smart and sharp-looking.

Thanks to Andreas for his description of the scene, which I failed to do. The image is in her memoirs, I think.

Please, excuse my ignorance on uniforms and regulations, but no ribbon bars on "walking out" dress?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast