Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Please take a look at this group of SS insignia

Article about: Since I have joined this thread I find it funny that I have been finding so much more SS stuff, and genuine at that. I have been offered these items. Please take a look at them and let me kn

Default Please take a look at this group of SS insignia

Since I have joined this thread I find it funny that I have been finding so much more SS stuff, and genuine at that. I have been offered these items. Please take a look at them and let me know if you think that are genuine.

-Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please take a look at this group of SS insignia   Please take a look at this group of SS insignia  

Please take a look at this group of SS insignia   Please take a look at this group of SS insignia  

Please take a look at this group of SS insignia   Please take a look at this group of SS insignia  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please take a look at this group of SS insignia
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Please take a look at this group of SS insignia

I'm no expert, but I think the tabs as well as the cuff title are both fake. The stitching on the runes on the tab look sloppy and incorrect, and the cuff title reverse looks like a series of fakes. Like I said, I'm no expert, but wait for some other people to chime in.

Matthew

Quote by mabrgo View Post
    I'm no expert, but I think the tabs as well as the cuff title are both fake. The stitching on the runes on the tab look sloppy and incorrect, and the cuff title reverse looks like a series of fakes. Like I said, I'm no expert, but wait for some other people to chime in.

Matthew
    Just like Matthew, no expert in this category, but I believe that the SS runes are too close together, and are repro. The cuff title also looks sloppy. IMO, don't buy 'em.

Regards,
    Finn

Well the first issue to me was that I thought the rank tabs looked wrong. Secondly, the cuff title didn't look right either. However, regardless of how I feel I always post items to see if I am right or wrong and maybe I learn something. I am looking forward to what Bob and Ade have to say.

All fakes.

Bob Hritz

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    All fakes.

Bob Hritz
    Well there is the nail in the coffin.

?

Quote by martinsuper View Post
    However, regardless of how I feel I always post items to see if I am right or wrong and maybe I learn something
    That's the unfortunate thing about this forum and this hobby - you need to see fakes to confirm the authenticity of other pieces. Unfortunately, that means enough authentic and fake pieces must be posted, which often leads to heartbreak and anger.

Matthew

Quote by mabrgo View Post
    That's the unfortunate thing about this forum and this hobby - you need to see fakes to confirm the authenticity of other pieces. Unfortunately, that means enough authentic and fake pieces must be posted, which often leads to heartbreak and anger.
    Well I won't buy without good pictures or a confirmed return policy specifically for that reason. Since I have started doing that I haven't been burned and its funny how I sometimes feel better knowing something is fake! But the senior members of this forum are the reason people can still enter this hobby with some sort of security as long as they take the time to authenticate before they buy.

I do agree, almost every time i come across something i may want to buy, i would probably just post it here. I have learned new things from doing so.