Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

possibly the worst item in the world

Article about: Ok maybe not the worst in the world but pretty dam close. Currently for sale on a dealers site for the princely sum of ........ £550. A snip. Someone's going to o get burnt. something should

I rather liked the wallet with the comment "100% original, one of a kind, handed down by an SS officer"
    possibly the worst item in the world

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement possibly the worst item in the world
    P
    Many

Quote by big ned View Post
    And then you sometimes don't get a thank you or never hear from them again (the SS/skull ring types especially spring to mind regarding this), and that's what boils my p*** even more....
    I boil with you, especially in this regard.

MAP
    ?

OK, Newbie here...It may already exist (which I have not found) or it may have been tried in the past. But would it not make sense to have a "Fake" forum/thread or public Album?

You have all been so helpful to everyone present and past but thought it would be a good way to easily research the more obvious and prolific fakes out there.

For what it is worth...

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I did propose a horrid fake SS rubric a while ago, but it did not gain traction.
    We separated the cap badges from the rest towards this end, with some success.
    Do read our threads, you will be gratified at what you find, really.
    There is a lot of worthwhile material and, please note, the center of effort here is on real material.
    That is, we strive to show, interpret, analyze, and catalog real material versus its opposite, in the hope
    that the beginner will build his or her own capacity to make an assessment.
    There is a hard core and corps of stalwart personages who shoulder the burden of answering the same question five hundred time with some humor,
    but there is also after six years of work a catalog of real items, and answers to the common questions, as well as a lot of excellent material.

As concerns fake SS headgear, there is also a wealth of threads, too.

possibly the worst item in the worldpossibly the worst item in the worldHere are some of the Delich collection, items found nowhere else save in books, and not as easily seen as here.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I did propose a horrid fake SS rubric a while ago, but it did not gain traction.
    We separated the cap badges from the rest towards this end, with some success.
    Do read our threads, you will be gratified at what you find, really.
    There is a lot of worthwhile material and, please note, the center of effort here is on real material.
    That is, we strive to show, interpret, analyze, and catalog real material versus its opposite, in the hope
    that the beginner will build his or her own capacity to make an assessment.
    There is a hard core and corps of stalwart personages who shoulder the burden on answering the same question five hundred time with some humor,
    but there is also after six years of work a catalog of real items, and answers to the common questions, as well as a lot of excellent material.
    Thanks! It was a thought...as you note, I see you answering similar questions over and over and thought that for some of the more obvious and prolific fakes out there it would save some time....if it was constructed in a way to teach why each is a fake.

Not to sound like a broken record but the work you all put into this is greatly appreciated by me and I'm sure all the other members and visitors

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks! It was a thought...as you note, I see you answering similar questions over and over and thought that for some of the more obvious and prolific fakes out there it would save some time....if it was constructed in a way to teach why each is a fake.

Not to sound like a broken record but the work you all put into this is greatly appreciated by me and I'm sure all the other members and visitors

Regards,

Michael
    Thanks. Adrian Stevenson and Bob Coleman have escalation dominance here; that is, they are in charge, and I am sure they will reflect carefully on your idea.

?

Quote by Panzersaurus View Post
    What the hell is it even supposed to be?

A money making object.

What really really annoys me is that I go to great lengths to make sure all my items are period. Yes I've been caught or a couple of times usually. As ben will testify. With belt Buckles. ...... But I remove them or bin them before they go up for sale. Some people just don't care and I feel pretty peeved about it to be honest. ...... rant over

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast