Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Post-war recycling of camouflage cloth

Article about: Here is a nice example for the recycling of old military clothing and equipment that was so typical for the frugal post-war years. I photographed this item yesterday at the Heeresgeschichtli

Default Post-war recycling of camouflage cloth

Here is a nice example for the recycling of old military clothing and equipment that was so typical for the frugal post-war years. I photographed this item yesterday at the Heeresgeschichtliches Museum [Army Museum] in Vienna (which, incidentally, is well worth a visit and highly recommended to all members).

It is a small-sized coat for a child, manufactured from reversible SS camouflage cloth.

(Sorry; the picture quality is not perfect as I had to photograph it through a glass pane.)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post-war recycling of camouflage cloth
    P
    Many

Pretty cool!...

Well done. The army museum in Vienna is a wonderful place, indeed. Thanks for highlighting it to our readers.

needs must HPL.

?

Indeed a nice Museum showing some rare items like Franz Ferdinands blood soaked tunic or tents from the turkish siege in vienna and other gems.

When I first went there forty years ago, there was nothing about the second world war, or Austria in the III. Reich. They have made many fine changes, and it is a leading institution of its kind
    in the world.

Very interesting piece!

The museum of the FRG in Bonn has a similar exhibit on the post war epoch with the recycling of war materiel to the needs of life in the years 1946-1948 before the Wirtschaftswunder.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    When I first went there forty years ago, there was nothing about the second world war, or Austria in the III. Reich. They have made many fine changes, and it is a leading institution of its kind in the world.
    They certainly have and it certainly is. I have opened a separate thread with some more photographs of my visit:

The Austrian Army Museum

Thank you, Andreas. A pity we could not meet in Vienna. Maybe sometime in the future.

We are grateful for your fine role here.