Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast

Post your favorite SS Item!!

Article about: Now thats just greedy! Very nice!

Default Re: Post your favorite SS Item!!

Quote by Dean View Post
    I also see what looks like a panzer badge on the man with the crusher cap.
    And an SA sports badge on the helmeted guy second from left.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your favorite SS Item!!
    P
    Many

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Please allow me to qoute my musings on the W-SS group photo as posted on the "New Photo Pick-Ups" thread:

We can tell from the uniform details that the photograph was taken at some point of time well into the war, yet all of the men - even the Spieß (sitting near the center in the second row), the other veteran senior NCOs and the officer - wear no or only very few awards and decorations, and those seen are of a very common and low-level nature.
    Combat-/assault badges of any kind are completely absent, and even the few buttonhole ribbons might actually be for the KVK2 instead of the EK2. (It is often hard to tell the difference in black and white photos.)

All this leads me to believe that they are not from a combat unit, but serve in some kind of rear services/support role. They might belong to a supply column, vehicle depot, maintenance unit etc. The fact that they are posing in front of some trucks and that the group includes an army-trained Schirrmeister, i.e. a technical NCO in charge of motor vehicles (the third man from the right in the second sitting row) additionally supports that.

As for the cuff titles: It is impossible to positively identify them from this photograph, but I agree that they appear to be different ones, while most of the men wear none at all.
    This group could be from a unit not (yet?) authorized a cuff title, while the men wearing cuff titles simply retain those of their previous assignments. (This had always been a common - and eventually officially authorized - practice.)
    Another possible explantion is that this is a mixed group of men from different units, photographed during some kind of training course.
    Thanks for your thoughtful and insightful analysis. Such sources of the past always contain great riddles and you aid our less experienced members to understand these sources.

?

Thanks guys for the feedback! I believe you are pretty 'spot on' concerning this pic, HPL. Thanks for taking the time to reflect on the details.
    ~Dean

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Please allow me to qoute my musings on the W-SS group photo as posted on the "New Photo Pick-Ups" thread:

We can tell from the uniform details that the photograph was taken at some point of time well into the war, yet all of the men - even the Spieß (sitting near the center in the second row), the other veteran senior NCOs and the officer - wear no or only very few awards and decorations, and those seen are of a very common and low-level nature.
    Combat-/assault badges of any kind are completely absent, and even the few buttonhole ribbons might actually be for the KVK2 instead of the EK2. (It is often hard to tell the difference in black and white photos.)

All this leads me to believe that they are not from a combat unit, but serve in some kind of rear services/support role. They might belong to a supply column, vehicle depot, maintenance unit etc. The fact that they are posing in front of some trucks and that the group includes an army-trained Schirrmeister, i.e. a technical NCO in charge of motor vehicles (the third man from the right in the second sitting row) additionally supports that.

As for the cuff titles: It is impossible to positively identify them from this photograph, but I agree that they appear to be different ones, while most of the men wear none at all.
    This group could be from a unit not (yet?) authorized a cuff title, while the men wearing cuff titles simply retain those of their previous assignments. (This had always been a common - and eventually officially authorized - practice.)
    Another possible explantion is that this is a mixed group of men from different units, photographed during some kind of training course.
    Many of them are not 'spring chickens' either.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

CBH
    ?

This is my only tab , but it's a nice one . Hard to find with RZM tag .
    Cheers Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your favorite SS Item!!   Post your favorite SS Item!!  

Very nice Chris !

The wolfsangel rune of SS Freiwilligen-Panzer Grenadier Division “Nederland

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

CBH
    ?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Very nice Chris !

The wolfsangel rune of SS Freiwilligen-Panzer Grenadier Division “Nederland

Nick
    Thanks Nick , alway liked wolfangels . I had more SS stuff but sold off most of it ,or (with the help of this site) found out it was repro ! But thats life .
    Glad you like it
    Cheers Chris

Post your favorite SS Item!!Post your favorite SS Item!!As of 1 June 2012, this is my favorite. This cap came from Shea more or less ten years ago. It is unmarked.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-02-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Very nice cap FB!! Your collection is outstanding

Quote by Badto666 View Post
    Very nice cap FB!! Your collection is outstanding
    Thank you. I could surely display it better in a larger space, but such has never been possible or practical. Its display is really here on this site. Be of good cheer, FB

Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast