Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Post your SS caps please !

Article about: Hello the SS unit, please post your ss cap in this new thread, Waffen, VT, Alg are welcome ! my first cap posted here :

Default Post your SS caps please !

Hello the SS unit,
    please post your ss cap in this new thread, Waffen, VT, Alg are welcome !

my first cap posted here :
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your SS caps please !   Post your SS caps please !  

Post your SS caps please !   Post your SS caps please !  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your SS caps please !
    P
    Many

Default Re: Post your SS caps please !

Two of some....
    Attached Images Attached Images Post your SS caps please ! 

auch in feldgrauer Ausfuehrung....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your SS caps please !  

I sold this one, but it was mine for a few years..... The Totenschaedel was cast, actually; but the cap was completely real. I think this cap is in the UK now.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your SS caps please !  

the cap badges of another officer's cap, actually an upgraded piece of an enlisted cap from Karlsbad/Saaz in the Egerland/ western Bohemia. I would note that I have never pulled the badges off or out to see the maker. This cap is in Wilkins book and also the Johnson German war booty book, too.
    Attached Images Attached Images Post your SS caps please ! 

But also look at Riche C.'s recent thread with some spectacular and almost never seen black and grey SS caps. The pieces in his thread are much nicer than what I have posted, and they were here to fore unknown, which makes it even better.

Here is another from my now "crazy friend" who is so much enjoying showing off his stuff.

Early Allgemeine with velvet band and leather chinstrap...

I would think from my recent studies (to relive me of my ignorance ) on the forums and online reference pages that this cut/combination was intended for officers only. No?

I'll try to get some better images tomorrow, as I am seeing this guy almost every day now...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your SS caps please !   Post your SS caps please !  

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Donnerwetter. That is as wonderful as the rest. This is the proverbial pre-RZM cap, a very early species made by a western SS HQ and from the look of it, likely by the firm Kupper or maybe not. Your friend has the real sleeper SS collection to shame all of us.

If this piece ever comes for sale, please do let me know. It is a wonderful one. It is remarkable how much of this 1932-1933 era material survived all the same.

This cap is an enlisted cap, but it is wonderful all the same. It is more than wonderful, it is gorgeous.

Thank you and your friend, to be sure. We hoist a glass to his good fortune and thanks again for your largess with these nice, clear images.

D'Alquen has a similar cap which was updated, in fact.

But this piece is to die for all the same. I have a huge weakness for early caps of this type.

Can your friend reveal at least when he collected this material?

A marvelous cap, just extraordinary.

No secret to reveal...

When I started fishing out antique radios and other general "junk" from garbage/ash cans & demolition dumpsters, and the dumps in the NYC metro area twenty plus years ago, this guy was buying this stuff from garage sales, at junk shops, gun shows, and getting it from former GIs twenty years before that - I would assume...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast