Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Prinz Eugen collar tab ......... original?

Article about: Here is a couple pics of a grouping i am being offered, bad pics, but it is the best the seller could do, i think the Prinz Eugen tab is a good one, but i need some help, thanks! ........als

?

Default Prinz Eugen collar tab ......... original?

Here is a couple pics of a grouping i am being offered, bad pics, but it is the best the seller could do, i think the Prinz Eugen tab is a good one, but i need some help, thanks! ........also, neither tab glows under a U.V. light .......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prinz Eugen collar tab ......... original?   Prinz Eugen collar tab ......... original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prinz Eugen collar tab ......... original?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Prinz Eugen collar tab ......... original?

Anybody ???????????????????????

I think that you would be better taking a close up of the tab, front and back and not at an angle, so that you can see the thread used in detail.

I used to like the style of backing used on your tab until I saw a confirmed fake that used a very similar style.

?

Not mine, these are pics from the seller, all i have to work with.....

i don't like to, and probably shouldn't, stick my neck out on this one because i feel like the photos aren't the best... for me anyway, but i am sure others with more experience will come along. perhaps they'll contradict me.

but i am not comfortable with the unterlage and the type of thread and the way the thread is stitched in to create the shape of the device doesn't sit well with me. but like i said, the photo detail may be lacking or this could be an accepted variant i am unaware of.

but from what i can see i'm not comfortable with it.

perhaps Mr. Hritz will stop in. he can tell you straightaway.

Here's one to compare.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prinz Eugen collar tab ......... original?   Prinz Eugen collar tab ......... original?  

From those pics the buckram doesnt look right

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I agree with the others. The buckram looks wrong from those bad pictures. I would stay away if I could not get better pictures that confirms that it´s good. But I doubt any better pictures will help I think it´s a fake.

StugIII posts a good example. now, looking at the embroidery, notice how at the angles of the rune there is a detail there as to how the embroidery expresses that angle and there is a certain dimensionality to the constuction.

this is what i was trying to get at before. on this example (the one starting the thread), the construction of the rune looks odd... well... "flat".

the thing is, i can't claim to have seen a ton of Prinz Eugen tabs specifically, but from the ones I have seen, this one stands out. I would like to see an opinion from someone bigger in these specific tabs in the event it's a variation i'm not aware of.

but on the face of it, the Unterlage, the construction of the rune itself (how the embroidery formed the angles as opposed to StuG III's example) and perhaps (although the picture makes knowing difficult) even the type of white thread used.

it all just looks a little off to my eye.

?

Here is my original

Prinz Eugen collar tab ......... original?Prinz Eugen collar tab ......... original?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast