Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Private Purchase SS Ring - Norge 1940

Article about: Hi I thought I would share this private purchase ring with you. Hope you enjoy it. If anyone has any private purchase rings then it would be great to see them. Raymond

Default Re: Private Purchase SS Ring - Norge 1940

GERMAN NORGE 1940 5TH NORWEGIAN WIKING DIV. RING.

Previous
    Next
    Print
    View full size
    You are bidding unique ring from the World War Two period - German SS "1940" Norwegian Officers Honour silver ring in a good condition.

The ring size is approx. 21.4 mm (USA SIZE 12.0).

The Ring is made from solid silver with silver content mark inside 830 S and Markers mark is JJ. Silver jewelry has been tested to and complies with stamped per thousand.

More details
    ON SALE!
    $60.00 tax incl.
    Reference : A19

Quantity :

MORE INFO
    Very nice silver Officers ring for 5th Waffen SS divission {WIKING}. Front has NORGE 1940 with German eagle.

This is "1940" Norwegian Officers Honour Ring. Light Surface Scratches, overall great condition. WORN AND AWARDED TO OFFICERS OF THE VERY EXCLUSIVE GUILD OF Scandinavian Elite! About 15 000 Norwegians volunteered to the Wehrmacht or SS during the years 1940-1945, and an estimate of 7000 reached the front lines in some way. The fact that Norway had capitulated, and this was seen by many as the only way to re-build a new national army. However, a remarkable number of volunteers were amongst those who had fought the Germans during the invasion, and many were officers. Quisling gave orders on the 9th April 1940 that no NS member should participate in the armed resistance against the Germans.

Max

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Private Purchase SS Ring - Norge 1940
    P
    Many

Anything related to the 5th SS WIKING Div is rare. These troops were tough fighters and very respected on the battlefield. For that price, I would certainly jump all over it. Gen. Patton admired that division and it's ability to fight.

Mark

Hi Mark,
    Tough volunteers that signed up to fight the Red invaders.

Max

?

Which red invaders (in Norway)?
    Just kidding of course

?

Quote by Max Hansen View Post
    GERMAN NORGE 1940 5TH NORWEGIAN WIKING DIV. RING.

Previous
    Next
    Print
    View full size
    You are bidding unique ring from the World War Two period - German SS "1940" Norwegian Officers Honour silver ring in a good condition.

The ring size is approx. 21.4 mm (USA SIZE 12.0).

The Ring is made from solid silver with silver content mark inside 830 S and Markers mark is JJ. Silver jewelry has been tested to and complies with stamped per thousand.

More details
    ON SALE!
    $60.00 tax incl.
    Reference : A19

Quantity :

MORE INFO
    Very nice silver Officers ring for 5th Waffen SS divission {WIKING}. Front has NORGE 1940 with German eagle.

This is "1940" Norwegian Officers Honour Ring. Light Surface Scratches, overall great condition. WORN AND AWARDED TO OFFICERS OF THE VERY EXCLUSIVE GUILD OF Scandinavian Elite! About 15 000 Norwegians volunteered to the Wehrmacht or SS during the years 1940-1945, and an estimate of 7000 reached the front lines in some way. The fact that Norway had capitulated, and this was seen by many as the only way to re-build a new national army. However, a remarkable number of volunteers were amongst those who had fought the Germans during the invasion, and many were officers. Quisling gave orders on the 9th April 1940 that no NS member should participate in the armed resistance against the Germans.

Max
    This is just info from a dealer selling fake / repro rings , no correct period info here that they were actually only issued to Norwegian SS Officers !!

For a start the majority of Norwegians fought with the the DNL , then Regiment Norge part of the Nordland Divison others fought in Karelia as SS Polizei Units or the SS SKi Jager Btl so the info that they were issued to Officers of Wiking is rubbish .

The I / Norge was detached from Nordland for refitting after the Narva Battles and was reattached to Wiking but only very late in the War !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Agreed, that "info" is rubbish.

"Red Invaders"? I think the Germans were the agressors here....

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by kingtiger View Post
    Anything related to the 5th SS WIKING Div is rare. These troops were tough fighters and very respected on the battlefield. For that price, I would certainly jump all over it. Gen. Patton admired that division and it's ability to fight.

Mark
    Wiking fought exclusively on the Eastern Front so i'm not sure how Patton would have known much about their fighting capability !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

The majority of men that joined the Wiking Division were from all over Europe and joined more out of their fear of the Russians then of Hitler.
    The ring business I agree is not accurate, sorry for that posting I should have done more homework.

Max

?

Quote by Max Hansen View Post
    The majority of men that joined the Wiking Division were from all over Europe and joined more out of their fear of the Russians then of Hitler.
    The ring business I agree is not accurate, sorry for that posting I should have done more homework.

Max
    The majority of men who formed Wiking were German or Volksdeutsche , a number of volunteers from many countries who were in the monority served in Wiking but the majority of those from western Europe served with the respective Legions , except for the Finnish Volunteer Btl of Westland which was replaced in 1943 by the Estonian SS Btl Narva the first unit of the the forming Estonian Legion to go into action.

Most of the initial western volunteers were motivated by support for Fascism , anti bolsevism or were simply seeking adventure !!

1st July 1916

Geez, I gotta be careful in the mornings. It was factual however, that Gen. Patton wanted to have the German Army absorbed into the American forces and go against the Russians together. The WIKING Div was in full retreat and surrendered to the Americans and not in Russia either. All famous Generals usually knew their adversaries well and studied their tactics, especially Patton. I don't think he ever met Rommel but he knew him well, wouldn't you agree?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast