Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A propaganda image LAH

Article about: How many different versions of this picture can be posted? Don't you wish you had this helmet in your display case? The caption describes this scene as the LAH at Tempelhof for the Tag der d

Default A propaganda image LAH

How many different versions of this picture can be posted?

Don't you wish you had this helmet in your display case?

The caption describes this scene as the LAH at Tempelhof for the Tag der deutschen Arbeit on the 1 of May 1934. Who of the men you see here then six or more weeks later helped to knock off Roehm, Ernst and the others?
    Attached Images Attached Images A propaganda image  LAH 
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-27-2008 at 07:51 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A propaganda image  LAH
    P
    Many

Default Re: A propaganda image LAH

Other image of SSVT around the same time, this is supposedly SSVT on the way to Nuremberg.

There are more collectors than there are surviving uniforms of this type. Which % of these men and their clothing made it to 1946? The image asserts this is a SS Standarte in Prag, maybe a Totenkopfstandarte? Ergo, how many individual pieces of uniform in this image exist today?

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Other image of SSVT around the same time, this is supposedly SSVT on the way to Nuremberg.
    Thank you very much for posting these fascinating pictures. According to the description, this photo shows members of the SS-VT on their way to the Reichsparteitag on 01.01.1933. If that date is correct, or at least the year, then it should depict members of the LAH and not SS-VT, a theory which is supported by the decals on their helmets. What are you thoughts about this?

Not many of their garments have survived the war. As we know, many helmets were reissued to all kind of organizations, like RZM helmets to the RLB. For this reason, I suspect more tunics to have survived than helmets, but they all remain scarce pieces of history - that's for sure!

Here is one of mine, showing the LAH in Munich on 9 December, 1935:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A propaganda image  LAH   A propaganda image  LAH  

Quote by Cees View Post
    Thank you very much for posting these fascinating pictures. According to the description, this photo shows members of the SS-VT on their way to the Reichsparteitag on 01.01.1933. If that date is correct, or at least the year, then it should depict members of the LAH and not SS-VT, a theory which is supported by the decals on their helmets. What are you thoughts about this?

Not many of their garments have survived the war. As we know, many helmets were reissued to all kind of organizations, like RZM helmets to the RLB. For this reason, I suspect more tunics to have survived than helmets, but they all remain scarce pieces of history - that's for sure!
    Thanks for yours. These Ullstein images sometimes have funny dates and I am not sure that the captions are always correct. The LAH was part of the SSVT, actually, at least by the end of 1934. I realize that Dietrich strove to be autonomous, but your other colleagues on other sites have addressed the formal organizational status of the LAH there in official documents.

As to my irresponsible question, I appreciate your response. In return, I have no real idea what has survived and what has not. In nearly a decade of downloading pictures and forty three years of collecting, I never cease to be amazed, really. Thanks for the intervention.

I hope the images are of use.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-27-2008 at 02:41 PM.

Quote by bwanek1 View Post
    Here is one of mine, showing the LAH in Munich on 9 December, 1935:
    Thanks for this addendum. If you read the Fraktur on the reverse of your image is, in fact, from 9 November 1935, the celebration of the Putsch. This is one of the Hoffmann cigarette pictures for the Adolf Hitler volume. These Hoffman images made the man very rich and were a very potent means of propaganda. Photo journalism was very much a German invention that spread elsewhere in the world. Thanks for your picture. Does anyone have all the editions of this work with all the variations? I do not, though I own several.

This image is of the Koenigplatz, which Robert H and I have illustrated elsewhere on this site in some detail.

Once more, the captions in the Ullstein and Bildarchiv preuss. Kultur pictures are about 96, 8% correct, and sometimes the dates are off. I post them because I put a lot of effort into finding them and I thought others would profit.

another in this series....this image is also supposedly from a 1935 Reichsparteitag. That is, the Appell of the SA and SS on the Luitpoldhain.

This picture is a cliche in that it is surely one of the most frequently reproduced Nazi images of all; but it must have been made in the same series. This is also the SA/SS Appell on the Luitpoldhain, but in the year 1938 apparently.

These might be Stabswache or precursor of Leibstandarte in April 1933, but I am sure someone else can tell better than I. There is no cuff title that I can see, but when did the 1st AH cuff title appear? Mollo suggests a year later.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast