Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A propaganda image LAH

Article about: How many different versions of this picture can be posted? Don't you wish you had this helmet in your display case? The caption describes this scene as the LAH at Tempelhof for the Tag der d

Default Re: A propaganda image LAH

A later image with reagalia. If this caption is credible, then the cuff title is present at the end of 1933. Who knows? I do not. This image has been widely reproduced. My colleague from Toronto has made the point that items of wear appeared before regulations introduced them overall. This statement is counterintuitive to some around here, but not to me. If one is going to engage this contradictory material, then such ambiguities are the order of the day.

Happy regalia gazing.
    Attached Images Attached Images A propaganda image  LAH 
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-27-2008 at 03:36 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A propaganda image  LAH
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    How many different versions of this picture can be posted?

Don't you wish you had this helmet in your display case?

The caption describes this scene as the LAH at Tempelhof for the Tag der deutschen Arbeit on the 1 of May 1934. Who of the men you see here then six or more weeks later helped to knock off Roehm, Ernst and the others?
    Hello Berthold, have you got closap picture right side of helmet? I think that they have decals with revers colors, SS runes are white or silver.

Thanks

This is the early variant of the LAH escutcheon, in use ca. 1934. I am not a helmet expert. I only have the image I posted in the form I added it. Others here surely can add their view.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-27-2008 at 06:38 PM.

Here is another from the Hoffmann series showing the hundred thousand SA and SS men at the Parteitag in Nuernberg in 1933.

By the way, Thanks for pointing out my previous typo. Somehow between my brain and my keyboard, November became December.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A propaganda image  LAH   A propaganda image  LAH  

Thanks for the further Hoffman image. You also see the black caps in wear here of early date, as this image is September, 1933. One of the attributes of an authentic early black SS cap is a chin strap that shows some use in this mode, i.e. with the thing under one's square Aryan chin. I do not want to promote a rule or dogma here with this statement, but more of these early caps have endured than one would think. The chin straps often are more robust than the later types (which can be of fiber or some ersatz material and more for show than use...)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A propaganda image  LAH  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2