Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5

Article about: Thanks to our leader, Wim Saris, for a wonderful, complete answer.

Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5I also have a library of above average size.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5
    P
    Many

and weight.

?

I do have a J.P. Sauer .32 auto pistol in the original box that was owned by an SS Officer.

As Friedrich says it is a very complex subject!

I recently bought this book to aid me in my education

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5   Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    As Friedrich says it is a very complex subject!

I recently bought this book to aid me in my education

Nick
    Bravo. This work (Mollo) is not without its flaws, too, but it is a darn sight better than most. I do not know the Ulrich of England books, save for this:
    the authorities there insist that all black SS uniforms are "Allgemeine SS," to include the SS Verfuegungstruppe, which is a fundamental and telling error that does not bespeak an understanding of the SS, especially in said pivotal years of 1932 until 1939 or so, which are my focus.
    Mollo is derided for being old, but the Schiffer books that are a hodge podge of essentially no. American collections are hardly the whole story. They have nice pictures of some items, but hardly comprise the whole.

Happy collecting and happy cuffs in this odd world of ours.

In reading two years' worth of RZM circulars in the recent past, as well as the SS orders that Mr. d'Alquen has added, along with Mollo, the truth is that this regalia was always in flux, highly detailed, and also totally confusing to people at the time. Their confusion is the fix point, the center of gravity, for if they could not get it right, then the beginner has a twisted road ahead.

Sapere aude.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Bravo. This work is not without its flaws, too, but it is a darn sight better than most. I do not know the Ulrich of England books, save for this:
    the authorities there insist that all black SS uniforms are "Allgemeine SS," to include the SS Verfuegungstruppe, which is a fundamental and telling error that does not bespeak an understanding of the SS, especially in said pivotal years of 1932 until 1939 or so, which are my focus.
    Mollo is derided for being old, but the Schiffer books that are a hodge podge of essentially no. American collections are hardly the whole story. They have nice pictures of some items, but hardly comprise the whole.

Happy collecting and happy cuffs in this odd world of ours.

In reading two years' worth of RZM circulars in the recent past, as well as the SS orders that Mr. d'Alquen has added, along with Mollo, the truth is that this regalia was always in flux, highly detailed, and also totally confusing to people at the time. Their confusion is the fix point, the center of gravity, for if they could not get it right, then the beginner has a twisted road ahead.

Sapere aude.
    Friedrich

The book I am showing is by Mollo not Ulrich

Apologies if I have incorrectly interpreted your last post

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Friedrich

The book I am showing is by Mollo not Ulrich

Apologies if I have incorrectly interpreted your last post

Nick
    Thanks. No, an earlier person here asked about the Ulrich book. The Ulrich books are more recent than Mollo. Perhaps I do him a disservice.
    The Mollo books are old, dating from the 1960s and 1970s, which is impossibly long ago for some here, whereas there are more recent works, some of which I do not know. I especially dislike the Angolia book, since it has a high quota of errors. I remain a fan of Mollo, since I learned from him and am grateful for it. He updated the books sort of in the 1990s. It is easy enough to criticize, it is something else to write books, which I actually do, but not about regalia.

and the conditions of knowledge are being transformed, and not always in an understandable way, by the further leveling and democratization of all of this, whereby the editorial process and expertise are a rare commodity.

Mollo is a way subscribes to the theoretical construct in Clausewitz, that is the trinity of chronology, cause and effect and judgment, whereby he especially makes clear the chronology of the organization which is the basis to understand the regalia. The coffee table books focus on the artifacts, and jumble the chronology and the organization, and thus create a fog.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thanks. No, an earlier person here asked about the Ulrich book. The Ulrich books are more recent than Mollo. Perhaps I do him a disservice.
    The Mollo books are old, dating from the 1960s and 1970s, which is impossibly long ago for some here, whereas there are more recent works, some of which I do not know. I especially dislike the Angolia book, since it has a high quota of errors. I remain a fan of Mollo, since I learned from him and am grateful for it. He updated the books sort of in the 1990s. It is easy enough to criticize, it is something else to write books, which I actually do, but not about regalia.
    Out of interest, what books have you written?

Nick

Out of interest, what books have you written?

Nick
    Books mostly without pictures. And lots of foot notes.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast