Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5

Article about: Thanks to our leader, Wim Saris, for a wonderful, complete answer.

Thanks to all for wonderful material. I included some these things elsewhere, but this thread should be pinned. It is a real treasure and shows just how useful, informative and, above all, collegial our pursuit can be when the right people go to work.
    Thanks and happy new year to you all.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5
    P
    Many

We can all do something nice for our Wim Saris with the purchase of this book, which I bought in Germany, and which is typical of his exceptional work.

I recommend it with enthusiasm.

Wall Plaques and Official Office Signboards of Hitler´s Third Reich 1933-1945

Thanks for recommending F.B.
    For me my gorget-book is even more exceptional (a pity the text is in German).
    Further my favorites are:
    Aiguillettes of the Third Reich, which much more information as most collectors
    do expect;
    Handbook of the Hitler-Jugend (about the Bann-numbers and Gebiet triangles)

I do not own the others, and will correct my failure. My salute to you.

Let me chime in: I own all "Headgear of Hitler's Germany" volumes published so far, the aiguillettes title and the Lufthansa study and would like to warmly recommend all of them.

Although somewhat off-topic I must thank Hugo for posting his March, 1934 RZM document as it is only the second period reference I have come across that mentions the RZM steel helmet. I was intrigued by the injunction in that section that prohibited the display of the helmet in shop windows.
    An excellent addition to the thread.
    d'Alquen

?

Thanks to all for an excellent read. Lucky we are to listen in on such conversations between truly qualified people with documents seen nowhere else. Best of all it is freely shared with no price other than good behavior and manners.

Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5

on the subject I have found these messages. The first dates from the year 1938 (June) and the second from 1944 (December).

The Newsletter of 1944/27 December. Was the last edition of the RZM.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5   Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5  

Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5  

For those that look for complete information:
    the announcement-parts from Hugo with the Gothic lettering is from the Mitteilungsblatt der RZM, issue 13
    from June 18, 1938 (pages 105 and 106);
    The other announcement is from the same periodical issue 5 from December 27, 1944 (frontpage). Thank you
    Hugo for showing this material!!

In volume 4 from the series "Headgear of Hitler's Germany" some nice photographs were included,
    showing the numbered cuffbands, thanks to real friends. I would not like to withhold a few.
    First a plate with drawings from the magazine "Rundschau - Deutsches Schneiderfachblatt" from
    June 17, 1933. Two SS-men wear the cuffband with number 1 for the 1st company.

Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5 (page 57, Saris-collection)

Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5 (page 33, courtesy P.Klubert)

SS-Standarte 67 (Erfurt), cuffband for the 3rd company.

Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5 (page 79, courtesy A.Taugourdeau)

Cuffband for the 7th company.

Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5 (page 80, courtesy P.Pauwels-collection)

SS-Standarte 58 (Köln), cuffband 9th company. The father is most interesting as
    he is from a Stammabteilung (grey collar-patches with 58 and grey cuffband with West).

Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5 (page 82, courtesy B.Wedeking)

SS-Standarte 25 (Essen), cuffband for the 8th company.

Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5Thank you both for the fine material. The 1938 RZM circulars herald the end of the colored stripes Sturmbaender, though the German that proclaims this fact is obtuse. Hence my point that all of this is complicated and prone to misunderstanding. Such confusion is made short shrift by my colleagues, whose knowledge and generosity are a pillar of this site. Thank you.

Apropos Sta. 58, there is some regalia, and as regards the Stammabteilung, here is some, too, in the real cloth, as it were to go with the fine images from Wim's wonderful book. Thanks to Hugo, as well. We should make these threads into a publication of some kind.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast