Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"

Article about: Dear collectors and participants of the forum. I'm from Russia, registered in the forum specifically for the fact that I have assisted in determining the originality of this collar tab. I pu

Default The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"

Dear collectors and participants of the forum. I'm from Russia, registered in the forum specifically for the fact that I have assisted in determining the originality of this collar tab.
    I purchased it from this collector - 403 Forbidden.
    He told me that this collar tab warehouse camps Dachau and it is completely original.

After I got it I posted a photo of the collar tab on the Russian forum of collectors, where I received many messages about what the collar tab is not original for the following reasons:
    1. The front side looks too new compared to the flip side, in the first thread, which is embroidered emblem.
    2. Warehouse in Dachau from which American soldiers were taken as Souvenirs many tabs is a legend, which some Western retailers military Antiques sell copies of the tabs. In the opinion of the people who wrote it in the world now sold too many tabs that were taken from Dachau and it causes suspicion.
    3. No catalog or books, which would be a photo of the original collar tab 36 SS division confirmed by examinations and collectors as completely original. In this regard, sold collar tabs nothing to compare it to.

Dear collectors please help me to identify this original collar tab or not. I think that the original, because they trust the collector from whom I bought it on the Russian forum, there were people who wrote that it is original and Western collectors who have bought from veterans of a lot of tabs from Dachau is a reality.

Thank you very much.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"   The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"
    P
    Many

It's 100% original and the seller is quite right, it's a "Dachau style" collar tab. The embroidery is correct as is the buckram and cloth material.
    With all due respect, it sounds like it might be time to switch over to this forum. This is the basic stuff really.
    *If you give me a minute or two I'll post some other examples of the "Dachau variant".
    --------
    Here you go, note the similarities of the material and production process. All examples shown below are authentic "Dachau style", just like the Dirlewanger tab in your possession:
    The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"

Thank You very much for the confirmation that my original tab, I'll be grateful to You if You post other tabs from Dachau

Yes I see the coincidence of embroidered emblems on the collar tabs shown You and my tab. And the flip side is also similar.
    Thanks again.
    Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    It's 100% original and the seller is quite right, it's a "Dachau style" collar tab. The embroidery is correct as is the buckram and cloth material.
    Sounds like it might be time to switch to this forum. This is the basic stuff really. If you give me a minute or two I'll post some other examples of the "Dachau variant".
    --------
    Here you go, note the similarities of the material and production process. All examples show are authentic "Dachau style", just like the Dirlewanger tab in your possession:
    The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"

No problem whatsoever and you're very welcome. If I can be honest, I wouldn't use that other forum you spoke of anymore. Although they are correct in some Dachau variants were never issued(though they were produced), the rest of their logic is in many respects absolutely ludicrous and based upon nothing more than what appears to be guessing.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 08-29-2014 at 10:49 AM.

I agree with You. Unfortunately in Russia, some collectors of military Antiques suspicious to European and American traders and collectors. Although in Russia there are many dishonest people who sell fake, pretending they were originals. My opinion in Europe and America in the most overwhelming of their weight they are surprisingly very decent and Russian standards, sometimes even extremely correct. Honor and reputation of their value in the first place before ourselves, so rather lose my money than going to deal with it. And the world of collectors transparent and all will be revealed sooner or later
    Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    No problem whatsoever and you're very welcome. If I can be honestly, I wouldn't use that other forum you spoke of anymore. Although they are correct in some Dachau variants were never issued, the rest of their logic is ludicrous and based upon nothing but what appears to be guessing.

Here's a picture of Rudolf Heß and Heinrich Himmler touring the Dachau warehouse. I think there might of been one or two items for the American GI's to take back home with them.

?

There is no doubt that loads of unissued insignia were found by GIs in the Dachau storerooms. Veteran acquired groups still turn up now and again. Here are some photos of a large group of insignia that was found and taken at Dachau and later bought and photographed by an advanced collector.
    The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"

I see no problem with your tab. It is as those found at Dachau unissued. I think that based on photographs the kragenspeigel worn by those in the Dirlewanger division wore a second type.

?

Here are a few more photos showing a different set of Dachau insignia. I'm not sure who found this group. I own none of the things in these photos. Good luck.
    The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The question on the original collar tab 36 SS division "Dirlewanger"  

Great photographs jHAM, thank you for posting them. Turukin, you may want to share this thread with the members over at the Russian forum you spoke of.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast