Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Question! SS Knights of the Lance

Article about: Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but it pertains to SS memorabilia so hopefully it is. My question is: I was paging through an Old Militaria catalog and came across 14

Default Re: Question! SS Knights of the Lance

they remind me of those skeletons off jason and the argonorts

tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question! SS Knights of the Lance
    P
    Many

The only reference to the SS Knights of the Lance that I can find via Google is on the website Stormfront.

I would agree with other posters that the skeleton figures are total fantasy perhaps designed for people who visit websites such as the one mentioned.

Regards

Richie

That would make sense,Richie, but this catalog was long before the internet even existed. Somewhere around, maybe 1978 or so, I think. And, like I said, who would make solid Silver "junk" statues like these and with such precision. No way these things were stamped out by some amateur or on an assembly line in Pakistan or China. I have no Doubt they probably aren't real at all, but I can't help but wonder Who made them and went to such trouble and effort. And where are any more of these? I've hunted high and low and can't find anything even near these little Halloween statues! Oh well...just one of those unanswerable mysteries,I guess lol William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The items are indeed very well made. However, I doubt any relation to the SS. The organization has been the most studied and vilified section of the 3rd Reich apparatus since the end of the war. If it had existed, there would certainly by now have been some reference to a "knights of the Lance" group.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

These may very well have been one-offs by an artist / silversmith for some Gothic art gallery .

Judging from the adornments ( fake tuxedo-badges ! ) they are postwar creations indeed - but very well done , thanks for sharing .. !

You'll find 4 of these attached to the statues , along with some pigeonhead eagles - just imagine the value if these were period .

But I wouldn't expect these postwar creations to have been cheap at the time either , from sheer workmanship & the material itself ( IF silver ) . Very curious who made them ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question! SS Knights of the Lance  
    Last edited by Winkelman; 09-16-2011 at 09:03 PM.

I agree with Bob and Winkelman. Well executed modern artistry, but not period pieces.

They also remind me of the Ray Harryhausen skeletons in 'Jason and the Argonauts' !

These may not be of sterling silver, but cast resin. I've recently seen historical
    figures and medieval knights, perhaps made in a similar process, currently
    selling on ebay, which are also as well detailed............
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2