Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quiz...SS GF COLLAR TABS

Article about: Hi All, what's wrong with these original GF COLLAR TABS? Regards SK

Thanks for the kind words. My expertise is very limited to certain things in the years more or less 1932 until about 1939. Far be it from me to pick a fight with a dealer, which I usually go to great lengths to avoid. However, I venerate Dave Delich, and I correspond with him weekly, and I enlisted him to offer his very considerable experience to this site.

As Bob says, you have to examine these things in hand. The pictures are misleading. Anything hand made is naturally a Unikat.

Perhaps others did not respond to the original thread because they esteem Thies, upon whom I pass no assessment with this intervention at all. I refrain from the trope of benighted collector versus venomous dealer.

My motto is "mutual aid and self help," with the imperative on the latter. That is, the collector has the duty to inform him or herself, and to do so well.

I wish only to trouble and otherwise vex those who prevent others from learning, who willfully spread disinformation, who waste the time of the innocent and who embarrass themselves and us with their sloppiness and laziness.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Quiz...SS GF COLLAR TABS
    P
    Many

Hi, not my area at all but what I will say is that Freidrich is one of the VERY best, I for one have been blessed in seeing and reading his posts, many of which show David's unique collection. All I will say on the above item is that I do not like the positioning of the "pip" to the oak leave. The piece also looks to have a false attempt to give the impression of light mothing too. Leon.

Thank you. I am really not an expert with this material. I know who is, however.

It took me a while to figure out what the "GF" in the title of this thread meant as the word is Gruppenfuhrer. Today, collectors too often have a tendency to abbreviate terminology as if they are writing a text message. No insult intended to Silberkreuz. Being of a generation not use to communicating in this manner, it becomes in my mind confusing and inaccurate.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quiz...SS GF COLLAR TABSSee correct SS abbreviations. We should use them, too.

Quiz...SS GF COLLAR TABSQuiz...SS GF COLLAR TABSQuiz...SS GF COLLAR TABSQuiz...SS GF COLLAR TABSQuiz...SS GF COLLAR TABSQuiz...SS GF COLLAR TABSQuiz...SS GF COLLAR TABSQuiz...SS GF COLLAR TABSQuiz...SS GF COLLAR TABSThe original terms are fairly clear....

Quiz...SS GF COLLAR TABSQuiz...SS GF COLLAR TABSQuiz...SS GF COLLAR TABSThe collector argot that makes me insane is "M32" to describe the black SS tunic, for instance.

In text-speak these days 'GF' usually is translated as 'girlfriend'. A thread referring to an SS girlfriend is one sure to gain my attention.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    In text-speak these days 'GF' usually is translated as 'girlfriend'. A thread referring to an SS girlfriend is one sure to gain my attention.
    Bravo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2