Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Rare green Open collar early SS tunic

Article about: Kriegsgefangenenarbeitskommando roughly translates to, prison work detail, I believe. So yes, it is possible to a certain extent, in my opinion, when one considers the information FB has con

Kriegsgefangenenarbeitskommando roughly translates to, prison work detail, I believe. So yes, it is possible to a certain extent, in my opinion, when one considers the information FB has contributed.

I should add that this is just my opinion, and is based only on a few facts. I wish you continue success in your search for answers. And, as I'm sure you already know, you still possess a true treasure. Once again, thank you for sharing it with us.

Add: In regards to your aermel raute, I do not know if it is authentic, as I've never seen another example in person nor owned one, but I will say the material and construction look quite accurate to me. In fact, based on similar examples, all aspects seem to be correct.
    I am unable to comment on when the insignia was added, or re-attached to the tunic, sorry. Hope I've been of some help.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 08-25-2013 at 05:18 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare green Open collar early SS tunic
    P
    Many

Concentration camp inmates were employed in all kinds of slave labor roles in the camp system, in war industry and in society overall by the height of the war, not the least was the removal of bomb damage. There are a number of excellent books on the SSWVHA, in which all of these issues are detailed and analyzed, including the prison work details.

?

'Kriegsgefangenar.. ' Isn't that more like a POW as opposed to a regular civilian inmate?

Also, Jon-Olav, this looks like a nice tunic you have here. Its a bonus to have some documentation with it. the first name, Leopold might be helpful to ID this man. im sure there weren't many from this ordnung with this first name.Thanks for sharing

Quote by Dean View Post
    'Kriegsgefangenar.. ' Isn't that more like a POW as opposed to a regular civilian inmate?
    Indeed it is. "Kriegsgefangenenarbeitskommando" translates as "prisoners-of-war work detail".

This is another reminder to me that I know so little!

Quote by greimers View Post
    This is another reminder to me that I know so little!
    We all know hardly enough and seek each day to learn more, especially via the cordial and collegial work of this site and its many fine members.
    My thanks to my moderator colleagues for the mutual aid and self help in many moments of incipient chaos that are reigned in and made productive for the benefit of all here.

I'm sorry to say that in my opinion the sleeve diamond is a reproduction. Based on something I read in a document I believe these Fachfuehrer badges were only issued in grey silk embroidery. My apologies for not being able to produce the document at this time, it's buried somewhere in my files. Even if that were not the case I don't believe this rather coarse bullion embroidery is of the period.
    Sorry to be negative,
    d'Alquen

Note that the Armeagle is a typical Belgian production.

?

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    I'm sorry to say that in my opinion the sleeve diamond is a reproduction. Based on something I read in a document I believe these Fachfuehrer badges were only issued in grey silk embroidery. My apologies for not being able to produce the document at this time, it's buried somewhere in my files. Even if that were not the case I don't believe this rather coarse bullion embroidery is of the period.
    Sorry to be negative,
    d'Alquen
    I don't see anything negative about your post. It is backed by your knowledge of the documented regulations. The photos the other members have requested will surely help to make an informed assessment of the item. I, for one, would like to see some further photos.

Regards,

CMH

glad to see your comment on this eagle, carlsson1982, as i felt also that it was different but i didn't know the origin was Belgian.
    Last edited by tempelhof; 08-26-2013 at 06:33 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast