Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Rare green Open collar early SS tunic

Article about: Kriegsgefangenenarbeitskommando roughly translates to, prison work detail, I believe. So yes, it is possible to a certain extent, in my opinion, when one considers the information FB has con

You can find them quit a lot, so I think It was rather "popular" or maybe 'cheaper' design, I couldn't say.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare green Open collar early SS tunic   Rare green Open collar early SS tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare green Open collar early SS tunic
    P
    Many

But Mr. Carlsson is saying to us that such Hoheitszeichen are of the pre 1945 era, then? Of course, Belgium was and is famous for its embroidery.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-26-2013 at 05:26 PM.

Gentlemen, again thank you! No reason to be sorry, i appreciate all information.

I will not be able to provide the requested photos for another week, i am leaving the country now for a week and at the airport now. As i have said, it doesn't really matter to me if this one has been restored at some point, i have other documented untouched SS tunics but this one is in a rarer cut.
    These open collar SS tunics are quite scarce, rarer than the black ones in the same cut. And my main point here was to show another one of these. SS tunics without rock solid provenance will always be questioned, heck, even the black Ribbentrop tunic was questioned over at the other forum.

Again, i appreciate all comments! And i will be posting up other photos when i get back home.

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    glad to see your comment on this eagle, carlsson1982, as i felt also that it was different but i didn't know the origin was Belgian.
    It's the angle in which the photograph was taken.

?

I have a doubts about the tunic and insignia. At least eagle looks a mid war issue, if original. Insignia must be attached by tailor, but in this case, the eagle attached ugly and not professionally. The trade diamond is copy as a strap too ( incorrect paper tag for that period, and not original). The tunic itself, seems like retailored forester tunic, just the green piping removed from it, but more toxic green base wool is remained to be a forester
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

This is a forestry tunic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare green Open collar early SS tunic  
    Regards,
    Dimas

Dear Dimas. Thank you for your info, i appreciate it! But it's not a forestry tunic. They are different, as noted by the collar itself and the piping which often is the case.

This tunic has been inspected in hand by several leading SS collectors who all agreed that the tunic is fine. So there is no issues with the tunic itself, it is SS. If i wasn't certain, i wouldn't post it up as such.

Quote by Dimas View Post
    But Mr. Carlsson is saying to us that such Hoheitszeichen are of the pre 1945 era, then? Of course, Belgium was and is famous for its embroidery.
    That is correct. It's a unquestionable original eagle.

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    That is correct. It's a unquestionable original eagle.
    Thanks, FB

?

Jon-Olav, it's just my opinion, the colour on the pictures looks strange to me, and at least, the tunic is rebadged, IMHO
    Regards,
    Dimas

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast