Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rare ss-Baueinsatz-Ost tunic.

Article about: Greetings guys ive just recently purchased this rare tunic from Rob Hassler {a great guy as most of you know}.Id just like to show it off as it is very unique to a very unique branch thatt n

Default Rare ss-Baueinsatz-Ost tunic.

Greetings guys ive just recently purchased this rare tunic from Rob Hassler {a great guy as most of you know}.Id just like to show it off as it is very unique to a very unique branch thatt not much iswritten about.First off i have the cufftitle that came with the tunic from the family presently on hold with Robert so ive used a REPRO cufftitle here for purposes to show how this unit wore their cufftitle not unlike the ORg.Todt but under the brassard instead of above it.I will update the photos when i get this great and rare title soon.The tunic has all the matching original buttons original to tunic A&S marked pebbled common to field tunics.It is very much cut like the allgemeine tunics but with minor differences franch cuffs etc. and is of a dark green wool.It has a full lining with sleeve liner like allgemeine tunics and others of the period.The unit was composed of germans invalided out of the waffen ss as R.Lumsden states in his book,dutch and flemish volunteers also who worked on fortifications for defense and early construction on the eastern territories of Himmlers dream.NO collar tabs or boards were worn with this branch strange enough which is also illustrated in Angolias book p.172 where a similar tunic can be seen with same armband/cufftitle configuration and no boards or tabbs{cheaper restoration for me!.Thank you Robert H.,I recommend him to everyone as a great dealer and ready to answer all of my questions.Again a great experience.Oh and excuse my BAD photography

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare ss-Baueinsatz-Ost tunic.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Rare ss-Baueinsatz-Ost tunic.

Congratulations. Robert Hassler is a very fine man, indeed.

Your next step can be one of these attached, as they are irresistible once you start with old woolens:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare ss-Baueinsatz-Ost tunic.  

or this one.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare ss-Baueinsatz-Ost tunic.  

Or another....

or even this one...

Ive put up photos on waf asking for opinions on what trousers or headgear i should put on this mannekin tunic is circa 41 ,construction branch any suggestions?

There exists a book in German on SS construction units, but I am not terribly sure the illustrations are of use as concerns headwear. I shall look, but I do not have electronc images from the work in question.

I know Bob Coleman is well informed on these auxillary units.

Happy collecting.

if only h'ed chime in ! BOB you out there?

Congrats to a nice tunic.
    This photo was posted on another forum and I belive it should be posted here aswell. Credit goes to Angolia's SS insignia book.

Thanks anders and again no insignia used {no traces on my tunic either}open collar, 4 button front,no provisions for belt like holes in front on either tunic
    {like allgemeine type} ,or buttons on back{on mine}used ribbon bar i felt would represent a constr.unit best.SA sport medal {national}to represent a german in the unit.Of note a armband with the cufftitle sewn directly to it like above has surfaced on a dealer site{this is not the one im purchasing from Roberts site that came with my tunic the one shown here is from a dealer site i would not recommend based on past track record by customers and lots of fakes for sale but this one looks ok.Just for a surviving example

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast