Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Rarity Compared - The Waffen SS Officer Schirmmuetze vs. The Waffen SS NCO Schirmmuetze

Article about: After reading countless threads on the WAF and WRF for the past two years, this is my first post anywhere. I am curious about something that more experienced collectors will better understan

Default Re: Rarity Compared - The Waffen SS Officer Schirmmuetze vs. The Waffen SS NCO Schirmmuetze

Quote by sadietex View Post
    I will read the posts about the "cottage industry of fakers." Many thanks!
    You can't spit far around here without hitting thousands of posts all with virtually the same content.

There is much smoke and little light in all of it.

The simple fact is this: Nazi stuff was faked prior to 1933; it was faked after 1933; it was faked after 1945.

The interesting fake Nazi stuff is that prior to 1945, and it should be very rare.

If you go on the maroon site and read about fakes, you will swiftly decide to stop collecting any Nazi regalia at all and turn to Pez containers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rarity Compared - The Waffen SS Officer Schirmmuetze vs. The Waffen SS NCO Schirmmuetze
    P
    Many

Default Re: Rarity Compared - The Waffen SS Officer Schirmmuetze vs. The Waffen SS NCO Schirmmuetze

Ben had a very nice grey enlisted cap with runes which is a very rare item, indeed.

Full disclosure to F-B and all.....I bought the grey enlisted cap from Ben, thus the reason for my initial post. It was my first serious Waffen SS purchase and I bought it for three reasons: # 1. I have 100% confidence in the integrity of the seller. # 2. The cap is rare. # 3. The price was not unreasonable when one considers the rarity of the cap. And while I understand that NCO caps are not as "collector desirable" as an officer version. I thought I'd buy an NCO cap first because I believe they are more difficult to find, and for me rarity trumps other considerations....except condition. Sooner or later I believe a nice private-made Waffen SS officer schirmmuetze will come my way because they're more of them out there. As Friedrich-Berthold stated, all Waffen SS caps are rare. I just chose the NCO cap for the reason cited above.

Quote by sadietex View Post
    Full disclosure to F-B and all.....I bought the grey enlisted cap from Ben, thus the reason for my initial post. It was my first serious Waffen SS purchase and I bought it for three reasons: # 1. I have 100% confidence in the integrity of the seller. # 2. The cap is rare. # 3. The price was not unreasonable when one considers the rarity of the cap. And while I understand that NCO caps are not as "collector desirable" as an officer version. I thought I'd buy an NCO cap first because I believe they are more difficult to find, and for me rarity trumps other considerations....except condition. Sooner or later I believe a nice private-made Waffen SS officer schirmmuetze will come my way because they're more of them out there. As Friedrich-Berthold stated, all Waffen SS caps are rare. I just chose the NCO cap for the reason cited above.
    Congratulations and happy hats. You are very welcome here and if you stick around these precincts, your collection will likely grow.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3