Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reichskanzlei bunker in late May 1945

Article about: a piece of regalia awaiting its finder... where is this cap today? A photo from the Fuehrerbunker once the US side reached same. Whose cap? Why is the Hoheitszeichen gone? Did the owner take

Default Re: Reichskanzlei bunker in late May 1945

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I saw this, too. But do we know that the image is even authentic? Something is wrong with the light in this picture.

In any case, Anders, there are three more hats there for you to secure.

The lighting really does look strange in that room, however if the
    power had been cut in the depths of the bunker, or any part
    of Berlin at the time, there would be a need for artificial
    light to take any photographs..............

Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichskanzlei bunker in late May 1945
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Reichskanzlei bunker in late May 1945

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Considering that the iconographic image of the Soviet flag on the Reichstag was as staged as the stars and stripes on Iwo Jima, I wonder if this is not a scene from a Soviet film on the conquest of Berlin.
    The famous photo of the flag-raising on Iwo Jima was not staged. There is video footage made at the same time as the still photo which proves it. The group photo of the Marines around the first (smaller) flag raised on Iwo Jima was posed for Rosenthal.

Regards,
    Mike
    Sgt., USMC & USMC-R 1983-1989

Quote by davejb View Post
    Many yrs ago as a young boy i visited a local museum in Tottenham , North London, its called Bruce Castle Park Museum, inside there were a number of artifacts from both world wars, but in particular a switchboard, this came out of the Fuhrers bunker, how it got there ive no idea, but it had all the names of the high command on little name plates above the connection holes, Hitler, Himmler, Goering, Goebles, Boorman , Keitel, and i think Speer among many others all told about 30 odd names,as far as i know its still there, and in a glass case nearby was a Russian PPSH sub machine gun, i think ill make a few enquries
    I lived close by to Bruce Castle & often visited as a teenager, I remember there being quite a collection up on the 3rd floor, which was home to the Middlesex Regimental Museum. Having read this post you've sparked a memory, I recall it too ! One floor displayed exhibits obtained or worn by the regiment over a 150 year period, but the top floor had 'lots' of memorabilia from the world wars, seem to remember quite a few pickelhaubes, as far as I can recall the museum moved to Mill Hill barracks late 80s/ early 90s. I remember the curator, a guy called Dave, who was very helpful !
    Regards
    Paul

?

This photo is very interesting, as it appears to show a previously uncatalogued (by us collectors) Hitler hat in Russian hands. Looking on the left, you'll see a wartime grey-topped Hitler hat that is missing its eagle and cockade. Does anyone (Dimas?) have closer pictures of this hat?
    Attached Images Attached Images Reichskanzlei bunker in late May 1945 

Arran, I always thought it was the visor in post #2 of this thread, but I may be mistaken:

TR Personality Visors
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

The visor in post 2 is his pre-war brown visor. The grey one in the pic above appears to also have a couple of holes on the viewer's left side...

I see what you mean--unfortunately, that video is 10 years old , and was not the highest quality to begin with.

Hopefully, someone has clearer photos of this mystery hat.

Some pictures I made when this documentary was on Dutch television .
    The hat seems to be of the same make , but not the identical item that was shown in post # 17 of the TR personality visors thread .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichskanzlei bunker in late May 1945   Reichskanzlei bunker in late May 1945  

Reichskanzlei bunker in late May 1945   Reichskanzlei bunker in late May 1945  

Reichskanzlei bunker in late May 1945  

If I remember correctly , the items were of Russian government property , and briefly taken out of a vault for this documentary .
    They also included remains of both Hitler ( teeth , part of skull ) and Dr. Goebbels ( iron leg support , pistol ) .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichskanzlei bunker in late May 1945   Reichskanzlei bunker in late May 1945  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast