Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reichskanzlei bunker in late May 1945

Article about: a piece of regalia awaiting its finder... where is this cap today? A photo from the Fuehrerbunker once the US side reached same. Whose cap? Why is the Hoheitszeichen gone? Did the owner take

Thumbs up Re: Reichskanzlei bunker in late May 1945

I WAS THINKING ABOUT THE 1ST PIC YESTERDAY,IF I STILL HAD IT.I REMEMBER IN 1974 TALKING TO SEVERAL WW 2 VETS AND ASKING ABOUT WHAT THEY BROUGHT BACK.ONE TOLD ME,WE WERE YOUNG AND COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THAT JUNK,WE HAD ONLY ONE THOUGHT,TO GET BACK HOME.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichskanzlei bunker in late May 1945
    P
    Many

Default Re: Reichskanzlei bunker in late May 1945

AND IF WE TALKED TO SEVERAL OLD SS MEN THEY WOULD SAY,WE HAD TO ENDURE CARRYING ALL THAT JUNK AND YOU LOVE IT.

Thanks for this intervention. Stalin's report on Hitler's end was recently published in Germany, and there is a newer volume of letters of the Fuehrer from adoring Germans that were also found in Russian archives. I looked at the latter book while I was in Austria recently.

I saw this on the other forum (all credit to "SJP"), believed to be the Reichskanzlei or the Vorbunker.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichskanzlei bunker in late May 1945  

Quote by Anders S View Post
    I saw this on the other forum (all credit to "SJP"), believed to be the Reichskanzlei or the Vorbunker.

I saw this, too. But do we know that the image is even authentic? Something is wrong with the light in this picture.

In any case, Anders, there are three more hats there for you to secure.

No, we can't be sure, but I like it.

Yes my friend, and I know of a kind knowledgable collector who has a lot of nice hats in his possession, most black ones, but atleast one grey too, which he has said will be sold in the future. Who knows, it might be one of the hats in the picture.

Quote by Anders S View Post
    No, we can't be sure, but I like it.

Yes my friend, and I know of a kind knowledgable collector who has a lot of nice hats in his possession, most black ones, but atleast one grey too, which he has said will be sold in the future. Who knows, it might be one of the hats in the picture.
    I am sure you are correct, but something bugs me about the picture. There is sunlight, or some modern appearing source of light, as well as the fact that in the Spindordnung, one was to keep the caps in the locker and not on top. The helmets were to go on top and such was drilled into people...but who am I to generalize about the Spindordnung in the Downfall of the III. Reich? It is just that I have looked at a lot of pictures in my life. Are there other pictures in the series. There has been a lot of mistakes in historical photos in Germany since the 1990s, especially of critical moments in the war, hence my skepticism which is not directed at you, Anders.

I knew the daughter of the Smersh officer (NKVD) who was of the first into the bunker and got the phonograph records either in same or in the Reichskanzlei. She was a hoot, actually. She was mad at us about NATO enlargement, in fact. I also knew the US officer in Operation Paperclip who had the briefing book on the V2 presented to Hitler by General Dornberger....

Anders is first in line for certain old hats hereabouts. The caps in the image look ok, actually.

How we strive to make whole again the broken bits of the past.

Considering that the iconographic image of the Soviet flag on the Reichstag was as staged as the stars and stripes on Iwo Jima, I wonder if this is not a scene from a Soviet film on the conquest of Berlin. There was a major film made of the battle of Berlin for Stalin ca, 1950 or so. I am no expert in Soviet propaganda films, but know those who are...and there are a lot of Russian colleagues hereabouts, too. Maybe they have some insight.

Of course, each one of us wants to find the magic means to go back to said place and secure said items. What we forget is that the people in the actual scenes of Der Untergang had naked survival on their minds in the midst of some fairly unprecedented blood letting, as well as unexploded munitions, pestilence, stench, et cetera which does not allow for this Politruk to think: "Donnerwetter, this regalia will be worth a lot of money on the globalized regalia market of my great grand children...!!"
    I rather imagine the Muzik there had seen more than his fair share of death and destruction and was sick of the whole mess. And he awaited a miserable fate, as Stalin treated those who had conquered Berlin as bacillus who had been infected with desire for a higher standard of living....

This treatment of Rochus Misch as a rock star I find also quite peculiar, in fact.

So the bunker still exist's but it's entrances are destroyed? If so wouldnt it be possible to go there if it was dug up?

?

Many yrs ago as a young boy i visited a local museum in Tottenham , North London, its called Bruce Castle Park Museum, inside there were a number of artifacts from both world wars, but in particular a switchboard, this came out of the Fuhrers bunker, how it got there ive no idea, but it had all the names of the high command on little name plates above the connection holes, Hitler, Himmler, Goering, Goebles, Boorman , Keitel, and i think Speer among many others all told about 30 odd names,as far as i know its still there, and in a glass case nearby was a Russian PPSH sub machine gun, i think ill make a few enquries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast