Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

restore a blacky or not

Article about: I have a lovley officer;s black tunic that needs restoring should i or should i leave it as is . not sure .. i love it but at the same time thinking it will all ways be restord , any thought

Default restore a blacky or not

I have a lovley officer;s black tunic that needs restoring should i or should i leave it as is . not sure .. i love it but at the same time thinking it will all ways be restord , any thoughts on this or move it on

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement restore    a blacky   or not
    P
    Many

Default Re: restore a blacky or not

Can you post a picture of it?

Got pics?

Restoration is always a tricky question. The decision is up to you as to whether you can live with it as stripped or not. As you said, restored is always restored. In the future, a new owner may never know the history of the piece. If you choose to restore it, may I suggest making it in to an Allgemeine unit in lieu of a VT or Totenkopf piece. I would consider that to be an honest restoration and not attempting to make it in to what it likely never was.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

will get some up not worred about it not been real it is i am looking for some thoughts about to restore or just leave as a stripped officers tunic or move it on ..
    funny its stripped but i have a love hate afair with it HAHa

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Restoration is always a tricky question. The decision is up to you as to whether you can live with it as stripped or not. As you said, restored is always restored. In the future, a new owner may never know the history of the piece. If you choose to restore it, may I suggest making it in to an Allgemeine unit in lieu of a VT or Totenkopf piece. I would consider that to be an honest restoration and not attempting to make it in to what it likely never was.
    thanks Bob would love to do totenkof but thats $$$$$$$$$$ i have spent years looking at it trying to decode it as it been of top class tricot

If it were mine, I would restore it.
    To me an unrestored tunic is just a jacket as it has no purpose.I am with Mr Coleman, in that you should seek to resore it in a sympathetic manner and it would be interesting to see if it has any stamps in it that would give any indication as to a previous unit or time frame that you could use to assist you in how best to complete it.
    I have only ever had one black tunic that I sold a long time ago and have regreted doing so ever since.
    As you can guess from the tone of my reply, I envy you, and I would not look on such an opportunity as a chore, but a challenge.

restore    a blacky   or notrestore    a blacky   or notrestore    a blacky   or notrestore    a blacky   or notrestore    a blacky   or notrestore    a blacky   or notrestore    a blacky   or notrestore    a blacky   or notrestore    a blacky   or notrestore    a blacky   or notHere are some examples for your reflection. These are NOT restored, by the way, other than I switched the arm band on the SS Hauptamt suit to one of the identical year and in better shape that is 1 9 3 7. .

?

If you restoring the tunic to Allgemeine SS ( tabs and cufftitle can be found for 1000-1350 USD, even a cheaper), it will be 5 times cheaper, then SS VT, or 5-10 cheaper against SS TV.
    I never reapply insignia to the uniforms, I'am just using the tailor's pins to fasten it to the uniform, and then it looks great in the display
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics