Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

RFSS Cuff title question - Opinions please!!

Article about: Guys, I have been collecting Allg cuff titles for many years and I think I know cuff bands pretty well but I would really appreciate an expert opinion on this worn band. My RFSS cuff title f

Default SS Cuff title question - Opinions please!!

Guys, I have been collecting Allg cuff titles for many years and I think I know cuff bands pretty well but I would really appreciate an expert opinion on this worn band.
    My RFSS cuff title feels and looks spot on with most aspects of this band though the backing on the reverse is a little larger than you would normally see.
    This band if not original is high quality reproduction embroidery on an original RZM band.
    Yes, the "fwwl" is important, but also look at the so-called "railroad tracks" that show a defined ridge on both sides of the 7-strand aluminum borders. I have not yet seen a fake with this feature.
    I have 57 cuff bands and apart from the backing cloth on this band it mirrors 100% original bands in every way.

Thanks guys!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RFSS Cuff title question - Opinions please!!   RFSS Cuff title question - Opinions please!!  

RFSS Cuff title question - Opinions please!!   RFSS Cuff title question - Opinions please!!  

RFSS Cuff title question - Opinions please!!  
    Last edited by Charlie Farley; 03-27-2020 at 05:00 AM. Reason: To add additional photgraph

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RFSS Cuff title question - Opinions please!!
    P
    Many

can you please post a front photo of the lettering? The runes look somehow strange.

Robert, I hope the 2 additional pictures hep.

The band has also been cut slightly short at one end and extend at the other to a length of 18 inches.
    This was a common practice as with admin and clerical officers on winter coats -

For comparison the band is in between 2 text book cuff bands which are pictured in SS Regalia by Jack Pia and is ex Andrew Mollo/Laurie Milner collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RFSS Cuff title question - Opinions please!!   RFSS Cuff title question - Opinions please!!  

I think it is a good one, even when the runes are not so very nice done.
    This patctice of shortening was done everywhere not only for admin and clerical officers on winter coats.
    You see this on black service tunics and also on W-SS tunics.

Attached a removed Polizeit title, one side shorter other side with added silver wire cuffband material.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RFSS Cuff title question - Opinions please!!  

Robert
    Thanks for posting, a nice cuff title!

I am pretty convinced that it is a good band, it also feels right....Its the only cuff band in my collection that I have ever had a question about..