Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Rock Standarte 37

Article about: This is my first Black tunic. I had always wanted one but i preferd to look for one of an Austrian Standarte. "Standarte 37 Ob der Enns" from the SS Oberabschnitt Donau.

?

Many thanks for all the Feedback. The Basic history that this tunic originated out of the area before the "Anschluss" makes it more interesting of course.

This man might had been together with this men:

Rock Standarte 37Rock Standarte 37Rock Standarte 37Rock Standarte 37

And here is some "Stickerei" as well:

Rock Standarte 37

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rock Standarte 37
    P
    Many

Thank you. Wonderful material. The tunic is of 1935 make, and of course, the Sta. 37 was forbidden ca. 1933 when the Staende Staat cracked down on the SA and SS
    and the NSDAP went into the underground. After 1934, the Elementarputsch of the summer, many of the illegal Nazis went to Bavaria where they raised hell there.
    Usually, the black tunics of the Austrian Standarten are of the 1938 date, as is logical, since the units came back into public with the Anschluss and its aftermath.
    In any case, a wonderful piece and you can well be proud of it. I have been trying to get one from Tirol for two decades with the SS Sammelstelle cuff title,
    it, too, being the core unit for the dispersed Austrians assembled in Bavaria. This story is well told in the Rothlaender book on the Vienna SS and also by
    this wonderful other Vienna historian who did the best book on the July 1934 Putsch.

As I say, if I get bored with it, and I am still able, I will happily buy it. Also you see that the thing got an updated cuff title, too.
    Can you show us some more close details of the tailoring, please?

Thanks for your wonderful role with us here. We are very lucky to have you.

The black uniform I have sought was that of the son of an SA officer who was at the Puch works in Steyr. I had the SA officer's uniform and sold it to Bob Coleman.
    The SA officer was an illegaler, and a blood order winner of the illegal Austrians and on and on. I should not have sold the uniform. It was a wonderful piece,
    but I wanted something of Bob Coleman's and there you are....
    I have an Austrian, a Bohemian and an Alsatian black uniform. I.e. Sta. 90, Sta. 101, and Sta. 122.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The black uniform I have sought was that of the son of an SA officer who was at the Puch works in Steyr. I had the SA officer's uniform and sold it to Bob Coleman.
    The SA officer was an illegaler, and a blood order winner of the illegal Austrians and on and on. I should not have sold the uniform. It was a wonderful piece,
    but I wanted something of Bob Coleman's and there you are....
    I have an Austrian, a Bohemian and an Alsatian black uniform. I.e. Sta. 90, Sta. 101, and Sta. 122.
    Very nice - i do know of another Sta. 90 tunic that was bought out of the woodwork in Austria many years ago via a friend of mine. He got a phone call from a picker that he found a tunic but not a SS tunic because there was only a number on the collar and no runes - there you are......

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thank you. Wonderful material. The tunic is of 1935 make, and of course, the Sta. 37 was forbidden ca. 1933 when the Staende Staat cracked down on the SA and SS
    and the NSDAP went into the underground. After 1934, the Elementarputsch of the summer, many of the illegal Nazis went to Bavaria where they raised hell there.
    Usually, the black tunics of the Austrian Standarten are of the 1938 date, as is logical, since the units came back into public with the Anschluss and its aftermath.
    In any case, a wonderful piece and you can well be proud of it. I have been trying to get one from Tirol for two decades with the SS Sammelstelle cuff title,
    it, too, being the core unit for the dispersed Austrians assembled in Bavaria. This story is well told in the Rothlaender book on the Vienna SS and also by
    this wonderful other Vienna historian who did the best book on the July 1934 Putsch.

As I say, if I get bored with it, and I am still able, I will happily buy it. Also you see that the thing got an updated cuff title, too.
    Can you show us some more close details of the tailoring, please?

Thanks for your wonderful role with us here. We are very lucky to have you.
    Thank you for your Support and for the history Details - i do know the history of the pre war years well but i cannot explain it that good in english. Things changed after the failed Juliputsch -and all the Support for Dollfuß was removed again - here is a nice pic from my area (not SS) but showing a Picture described with "Für Glaub und Heimat kampfbereit steh'n Dollfuß Schützen allezeit!" - later they removed the word Dollfuß and changed it to Landesschützen.

Rock Standarte 37

Here is the Sta. 90 item. It came via Sweden, actually, and was very inexpensive.Rock Standarte 37

- - ------- - -

Thanks for showing your nice things and much good fortune in your collecting.

Here is the account of the Wiener SS from which I learned so much and cannot cite often enough.Rock Standarte 37

- - ------- - -

These things are in the news on the Danube, again.....

?

Some more Details - the first aid pockets are closed:Rock Standarte 37Rock Standarte 37

?

Some Close up pics from the various tags:Rock Standarte 37Rock Standarte 37Rock Standarte 37

?

some more:Rock Standarte 37Rock Standarte 37Rock Standarte 37Rock Standarte 37

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast