Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Romanian Einsatz Staffel Membership Pin?

Article about: Hello guys, I have just purchased this item. Before I brought it, I had a look through my 'Foreign Legions of the Third Reich' books and it appears to be an Romanian Einsatz Staffel (equival

Default Romanian Einsatz Staffel Membership Pin?

Hello guys, I have just purchased this item. Before I brought it, I had a look through my 'Foreign Legions of the Third Reich' books and it appears to be an Romanian Einsatz Staffel (equivalent to the general SS) membership pin, is it?
    Thanks, Glen.
    Attached Images Attached Images Romanian Einsatz Staffel Membership Pin?  Romanian Einsatz Staffel Membership Pin?  Romanian Einsatz Staffel Membership Pin?  Romanian Einsatz Staffel Membership Pin? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Romanian Einsatz Staffel Membership Pin?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Romanian Einsatz Staffel Membership Pin?

Never even seen one before? I hope this turns out to be a winner for you.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Very interesting piece. I have never seen anything like this.

Thanks guys, is the membership number 405?
    Thanks, Glen.

Either that or an issue number. Usually the number on these kind of pins is an accountability (issue) number.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

When I receive the item, I will take some better pictures in the hope that somebody can tell me more about this unusual item.
    Thanks, Glen.

I have to say that I'm not feeling overly good on this pin. The pin itself doesn't look gnurled -which is usually a bad sign(most German pins of the era were gnurled to prevent them from slipping out of and being lost from the materials in the lapels of the day), and the metal is awfully bubbly and crudely cast in appearance and looks to be a very low quality of metal. The black enamel is of the shiny and soft appearance also, which is almost exactly the same as being currently used in the Eastern European fake skull rings. But, having said all of the above, I'd say good luck and hope that it all works out. I've never seen one like this before, which simply means, of course, that I've just never run into one before in the last 50 years or else it could be a pure fantasy piece. As I said, good luck on it and keep us posted what you find out!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hey Wagriff, quick question. Could this be not the usual German style due to the fact it's Romanian? Or would this item have been made in German? Just a though.

I don't think it's so much a matter of being German, but rather one of being of the era. You see gnurled pins, etc coming out of Norway, France, Italy,etc. I would think that Romanian manufacture would be pretty much the same as any of their neighbors workmanship. And this heavy soft shiny black enamel is definitely not feeling good. The extremely coarse bubbly cast metal too, looks to be a very inexpensive and quickly made job- not one that you would imagine for a maker getting out a shipment for a government organization. I just can't picture a buyer or inspector picking up one of the assembly line pins and saying "Well, it's crude as can be, but I guess it'll do." Romania of the time wasn't exactly a 3rd world nation, so you would expect to see decent craftsmanship. Notice how the pin is attached to the body of the emblem-it's all blurred together and crooked. Even being in Romania, these men were still SS for all sakes and purposes, and their insignia should reflect this.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Glen

When your stickpin arrives please post a few pics of the obverse and back sides without all the flash. The enamel does look fairly shiny but may be due to flash. Can any stickpin collectors confirm that all stickpins of the era had knurling? I don't collect stickpins but seem to recall some being shown without knurling. Either way Glen, I hope your stickpin is a good one as it's a nice design.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast