Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Round Table On This SS Visor, Let The Discussion Begin

Article about: Hello All, I have read through the various threads on this forum and find the conversation very objective and opinions well founded. That being said, I thought I would throw one out there: I

carlos13
    ?

Default Round Table On This SS Visor, Let The Discussion Begin

Hello All,

I have read through the various threads on this forum and find the conversation very objective and opinions well founded. That being said, I thought I would throw one out there:
    I came into this visor about five years or so ago. It was represented as an authentic piece. The only problem it had was a broken prong from the skull, but it sticks nicely in the hat. If anyone still believes in the UV test for material, I can tell you about what I found using one of the most powerful professional UV's out there.

I have a couple of other things of interest I will throw out as well.

I am anxious to hear what others have to say.
    Attached Images Attached Images Round Table On This SS Visor, Let The Discussion Begin  Round Table On This SS Visor, Let The Discussion Begin  Round Table On This SS Visor, Let The Discussion Begin  Round Table On This SS Visor, Let The Discussion Begin  Round Table On This SS Visor, Let The Discussion Begin  Round Table On This SS Visor, Let The Discussion Begin  Round Table On This SS Visor, Let The Discussion Begin  Round Table On This SS Visor, Let The Discussion Begin 

2. # ADS

Default Re: Round Table On This SS Visor, Let The Discussion Begin

The first thing I notice is the insignia are fakes.

Bob hritz

?

The insignias are definitely fake, and the shape of the hat itself looks odd. It almost looks too baggy, and is pretty misshapen. I would say it's fake.

black light tests are hit and miss, if its a new fake it'll glow, but it could be a fake from right after wwii using natural thread and dyes. its hard to say, the guys on here will def. let you know.

Its a civil visor of some sort with fake insignia. Is that piping yellow?
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Yellow piping on the black visorhat, I seen some time ago with some kind of mines worker insignia. That was made in a early style, but that is a civil one as Stonemint mentioned before
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

carlos13
    ?

Thanks for the input, an interesting conversation piece but probably belongs in the trash.

Quote by carlos13 View Post
    Thanks for the input, an interesting conversation piece but probably belongs in the trash.
    Please compare this piece in this thread to the several pieces on a thread in the SS realm. The comparison should be enlightening. This site contains many images of authentic regalia of this genre.

?

And please don't trash it, not an SS cap but as Chris said, it is an authentic German cap.