Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

RSHA Abt. IV?

Article about: I got this interesting Picture a few days ago. Am i correct that this might be a member of the RSHA Abt. IV? The Picture is dated 24.6.43

About this man's rank there can be no doubt, and his likely office is included in the schematic I borrowed from the German website.
    None of these organizations had large staffs. They were very small organizations. Ergo, a miracle that anything of them survives in any form.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RSHA Abt. IV?
    P
    Many

RSHA Abt. IV?RSHA Abt. IV?RSHA Abt. IV?
    Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The blank right collar patch is of interest here.*

Normally, the Abschnitt number was worn both on the collar patch and the cuff title. (At least, that is the only practice that I am aware of from both the standard references and period photographs, which admittedly doesn't mean all that much.)

Of course, it could be that this redundant display of the wearer's assignment was discontinued at some point in favor of displaying the assignment on the cuff title only combined with a blank right collar patch (thus bringing the insignia for the Abschnitte in line with those of the Oberabschnitte and Hauptämter).

Maybe d'alquen has more data on this.

*) Edit: FB beat me to that observation.

Some illustrations that are contradictory or not.

The above officer is named Mentzel, and the uniform was via Jenkins some time ago and was sold in the UK and resold, as well.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-23-2017 at 04:24 PM.

?

To follow up this thread - here is a nice Picture from the SS Abschnitt VIII - Sitz: Linz.

RSHA Abt. IV?RSHA Abt. IV?

Bravo, another of your fine photographs. Thanks.

You have a great gift to find extraordinary Uniformkunde photographs which we all enjoy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2