Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

RZM Paper Tag

Article about: There is something wrong with this "kind" of RZM paper tag imo. Compared to other known originals I noticed several different points.

?

I think that the brown we see on the back of the Tyr-rune is a buckram stiffener rather than cloth backing per se. I don't believe it would be seen from the front. But it is technically an SA badge, and I can't imagine the SS keeping stocks of their own, but you never know...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM Paper Tag
    P
    Many

?

Quote by MM1985 View Post
    I had seen this fake tags on various items:

+Hand embroided and machine embroided SS cuff titles

+Hand embroided and machine embroided collar Tabs

+Alte Kämpfer Winkel

Even Ulric of England got fooled by one of this bands. One LAH band machine embroided with such a tag is included in one of his books.

Attachment 1068267Attachment 1068278Attachment 1068277Attachment 1068276Attachment 1068275Attachment 1068274Attachment 1068273Attachment 1068272Attachment 1068271Attachment 1068270Attachment 1068269Attachment 1068268Attachment 1068279
    Are all of these paper tags fake? I have very much to learning more,if it so.

-Niko

Edit: typo

So as a general rule of thumb for the RZM tags on armbands and other items; The "No" and the numbers need to fit between the horizontal lines on the bottom of the tag, else it's more likely a fake tag?

?

Quote by Niko View Post
    Are all of these paper tags fake? I have very much to learning more,if it so.

-Niko

Edit: typo
    Yes they are all fake.

- - ------- - -

Quote by DavidRF43 View Post
    So as a general rule of thumb for the RZM tags on armbands and other items; The "No" and the numbers need to fit between the horizontal lines on the bottom of the tag, else it's more likely a fake tag?
    Correct

?

Here is a side by side comparsion with a real tag. Once blown up you can find numerous different points. Size of the numbers, letterins, etc.

RZM Paper Tag

?

One more bad one:

RZM Paper Tag

Question I have is; Do people use the fake tags on real items to try and get a bigger price because it's uncommon to find them on them or (as I imagine is more common) do they use fake items with fake tags?

?

Both. Bad items with good tags to obscure the bad item. Also good items with bad tags to inhance the price.

CBH
    ?

I read somewhere that the B tags were often taken from tropical SS eagles as they were the cheapest source for genuine tags. Then used to enhance the value of reproduction insignia, A and B should only be seen on the most easily manufactured insignia. Never on hand embroidered items.

I saw this tag on this SS armband up for sale, and based on the conversation here, it appears to be a fake tag from what I can discern with the positioning of the numbers in the lines, correct?

The armband itself, based on other examples I've seem online, looks OK, but as it's a fairly simply design, probably wouldn't be that hard to spoof on a fake.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RZM Paper Tag   RZM Paper Tag  

RZM Paper Tag  

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4