Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

RZM pattern pieces

Article about: Gentlemen, I would like to open a topic with such a pattern pieces of the RZM. About an active participation, I would be very pleased. Mit freundlichen Grüßen Hugo Rietzel

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    My colleague Dave Delich has promised to share some things from his collection that are relevant here.
    Please watch this space.

I'm not running away, F.B

....and am curious

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM pattern pieces
    P
    Many

RZM pattern piecesMr Delich is always--and I mean always--a man of his word. When he sends me something, I will post it. In the interval, this is an image of an old collection---not that of Delich-- that has since been broken up, I believe.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-01-2014 at 01:49 AM.

Mr. F.B.

Understand it correctly now, the collection is dissolved?

Diese sehr grosse Sammlung einer ehrwuerdigen, wohlhabenden Persoenlichkeit ist etwa vor einem Jahrzehnt in allen Himmelsrichtungen zerstreut worden.
    So etwas ist weder in meinem Besitz noch wird es von mir iregendwie ersehnt. Das Foto stammt etwa aus einer Zeit vor dem Jahre 2004.

Wie heisst es denn nun? "...es geht alles vorueber, es geht alles vorbei...."

Es geht alles vor

Ein schoenes Lied, nicht wahr?

For those offended by German, you can cut and paste the thingies in the Google translator.

Not SS, and not mine. here is a rare probe set nonetheless. Hitler Jugend Stammfuhrer serving as a Geldverwalter on the staff of Gebiet 24 Mecklenburg. These are in a friends collection. No offer I've made has been dear enough to have them come to mine as of yet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RZM pattern pieces   RZM pattern pieces  

Very nice. Thank you.

I do have a question..these items with the tag strings through the material....which i have never seen before..and never knew they existed..but for example...... are collar tabs that are applied to the uniform..are the tag string holes noticeable on the uniform also..and is this an attribute that cloth collectors look for? Always learning..and Best Regards Larry

Its been a great informative thread so far.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

RZM pattern piecesWe see here items that were never intended actually to be worn on a uniform, but, rather, were a.) examples sent by the RZM to contractors to be the basis for production.
    Or, b.) they are examples from contractors sent to the RZM to be vetted for quality and compliance with the specification. Or, c.) they are examples from within the SS to show the origin and design of a piece of insignia or whatever, that then made its way into the system of the VA SS and RZM and such to become other Proben as noted here. So by my count, there are three types in play here, of which Mr. Toncar's items are quite remarkable.
    The Proben are the specification, itself, in three dimensions.
    To be sure, the RZM or the RFSS or whatever also described in text and with drawings an item, but these Proben were also the basis for production and proof of the quality of production in turn.
    We have discussed them quite a bit, but never as in depth as here.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-02-2014 at 02:09 AM.

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I do have a question..these items with the tag strings through the material....which i have never seen before..and never knew they existed..but for example...... are collar tabs that are applied to the uniform..are the tag string holes noticeable on the uniform also..and is this an attribute that cloth collectors look for? Always learning..and Best Regards Larry

Its been a great informative thread so far.
    It's my understanding that these are 'Proben,' or pattern pieces. I don't think they were intended to actually be used, but rather submitted to the RZM for approval. Please let me know if I'm wrong on that.

Edit: The above post has already answered my question.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast