Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

RZM pattern pieces

Article about: Gentlemen, I would like to open a topic with such a pattern pieces of the RZM. About an active participation, I would be very pleased. Mit freundlichen Grüßen Hugo Rietzel

Quote by Erno View Post
    It's my understanding that these are 'Proben,' or pattern pieces. I don't think they were intended to actually be used, but rather submitted to the RZM for approval. Please let me know if I'm wrong on that.

Edit: The above post has already answered my question.
    You are quite right. My error for not explaining it all in more detail. Always a danger to assume that these complicated things are self evident.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM pattern pieces
    P
    Many

Here is my offering for the thread. It is an LAH proof piece for the Adolf Hitler cufftitle. As you can see, the hand embroidery is exceptional.

GregRZM pattern piecesRZM pattern piecesRZM pattern pieces

Thank you. A wonderful example.

Quote by Erno View Post
    It's my understanding that these are 'Proben,' or pattern pieces. I don't think they were intended to actually be used, but rather submitted to the RZM for approval. Please let me know if I'm wrong on that.

Edit: The above post has already answered my question.

The RZM pattern pieces were a component for subsequent production. And they were not for sale, or the like.

For tests of the company (by employees of the RZM), this pattern pieces had always filed.

It is interesting that not accepted pattern pieces, threatened the withdrawal of approval!

There were also items of clothing that are not patterned by the RZM.

The rain cape (SA / SS / HJ / BDM / NSKK) was sent to for peer review to the Company Gieral GmbH in Berlin. Only with their Ok and the seal, another production was possible.

?

Default it came back

RZM pattern piecesHere to show quite a nice Vet find , if you look closely quite a few of the collar tab pairs have "MPA " probe tags still on them, there is a set of SS Obergruppenfuhrer collar tabs (first pattern) in the mix which are in my collection , the hole stills shows where the tag /string use to be attached , the cloth rzm tag on back is dated 1936, I will post a picture of them for reference . I wonder how many other pieces in this vet find show the same hole , missing the probe? After reading all that has been said I wonder where this Vet acquired this haul ? These items surfaced in Pennsylvania maybe 13 years ago or longer , time slips by so quickly I cannot keep up .

?

In #66 post I mentioned the Obergruppenfuhrer collar tabs pictured , I tried to scan them in high resolution to show the small hole but had no luck . The Two SS Obergruppenfuhrer shoulderboards pictured in post #66 have consecutively rzm numbered paper tags on the back as a point of interest
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RZM pattern pieces  

"I have seen Probe pieces for the TV, VT and the Waffen SS ( to about 1942 ) but what I have not seen is anything for the Allgemeine SS"
    Jim, you pose an interesting question. It may be the result of the different distribution and supply chains. See for example this bulletin from March 1937. It provides a list of the all the new Proben issued by the Verwaltungsamt-SS because of previous apparel and equipment problems. It goes on to say that the economic units of the SS-VT and TV can order from these examples. It makes no mention of the Allgemeine-SS. This would suggest that perhaps the examples we see today are VA items and were only intended for use within the Verwaltungsamt-SS system.
    d'Alquen

RZM pattern piecesRZM pattern piecesThanks for the interesting material. The distinction between the portion of the SS that was more or less under the budget of the NSDAP and that which drew its budget from the traditional ministries in the Nazi state (interior and war) in the period after June 1934 is crucial in all of this, and part of the VA and or RZM aspect of this complicated regalia. This issue is wholly and completely explored in the good secondary histories of Pohl and his empire.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-01-2014 at 03:32 PM.

RZM pattern piecesMr. d'Alquen showed us the correspondence from the RFSS files as to the origin and approval process for such insignia, i.e. the bureaucratic process that generated the original requirement.

The thread concerned an Aermelraute for SS members on full time service in the veterans organization.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast