Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

RZM tag info

Article about: hi guys, what is this RZM tag ment to tell me?

Default Re: RZM tag info

Each maker, i.e. Hersteller had a license number, which in this case is missing from the tag. Here is a real tag, again. RZM tag info

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM tag info
    P
    Many

RZM tag infoThe RZM exacted a series of fees, which others wrongly call "taxes," and the tags each cost a minimal amount, which is or is not indicated by the large letter on the left side.
    Each RZM had a serial number, as well.
    The urban legend of which I have never seen any evidence in the primary sources suggests that the A through H large letter reflected the level of embroidery.
    As I say, I have spent a lot of time with the RZM circulars, and I cannot decipher this fact from them in the years 1934 or 1935, when this system was more or less established.
    If one of you have such evidence, we would thank you for showing us.

RZM tag infoHere is an advert of such a textile insignia maker with their RZM license number.

- - Updated - -

No where else will you find someone to help you with your question.
    This knowledge took me forty five years to learn, as well.
    There is a German website on the RZM which is very good, it is a new one, and its material is all in German.

RZM tag infoHere is how the RZM directed all of this in its bi weekly circular required readership of all those in possession of a license, in this case, however, for an HJ jacket and not the SS.

?

Simplified answer:
    First letter in your case F, or C in the FB's picture show the time spent for the producing of the item

The L letter seen on the brockade belts, shown J is placed on the breadbag, A tag usually seen on the BeVo eagles. B tags on the machine embroidered tabs, C in the hand embroidered runes tabs, D on the early numbered 1,2,3, and lettered Runes tabs, E,F on the Totenkopf tabs
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RZM tag info  
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

just a bit more info but then we have even pre 1935 + tags
    but what do i know
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RZM tag info  

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    RZM tag infoThe RZM exacted a series of fees, which others wrongly call "taxes," and the tags each cost a minimal amount, which is or is not indicated by the large letter on the left side.
    Each RZM had a serial number, as well.
    The urban legend of which I have never seen any evidence in the primary sources suggests that the A through H large letter reflected the level of embroidery.
    As I say, I have spent a lot of time with the RZM circulars, and I cannot decipher this fact from them in the years 1934 or 1935, when this system was more or less established.
    If one of you have such evidence, we would thank you for showing us.
    Very interesting point you make in paragraph about a-h reflecting the embroidery . Brings to qustion the making ( printing ) of the rzm tag;s it self and how many Manufacturers there were and is there any solid proof ! that the 1938 on should be of unforum pre that ,
    showing the same
    There is a certain weave in a cuff title that has been called a fake yet speaking to a certain dave d and others who them selfs have such cuff title in there hand . there is Consences that its fine after study espechially when there was a hoard of Manufactures some lasted the full term of employment some not so lucky .

thanks a lot for all this information, sorry for mostly posting fakes but i have just started moving into collecting and havnt got much money.
    also, could you give me the link to the german website?

Quote by Zom8ie99 View Post
    thanks a lot for all this information, sorry for mostly posting fakes but i have just started moving into collecting and havnt got much money.
    also, could you give me the link to the german website?
    You'll find that many of the members here are very knowledgeable and when it comes to SS material, FB has quite the collection and is generally willing to share pictures of genuine pieces. Unfortunately the market has plenty of fakes but you'll learn a lot reading here and we're very fortunate to have members willing to share the knowledge they've accumulated over many years with us.

RZM tag infoRZM tag info
    Quote by hawkins View Post
    Very interesting point you make in paragraph about a-h reflecting the embroidery . Brings to qustion the making ( printing ) of the rzm tag;s it self and how many Manufacturers there were and is there any solid proof ! that the 1938 on should be of unforum pre that ,
    showing the same
    There is a certain weave in a cuff title that has been called a fake yet speaking to a certain dave d and others who them selfs have such cuff title in there hand . there is Consences that its fine after study espechially when there was a hoard of Manufactures some lasted the full term of employment some not so lucky .
    The RZM circulars explain the Erkennungsmarken for licenses in great detail, actually, but precious few collectors and surely not the author of the book above much understands this system. What the book you cite fails to mention is the difference between the paper labels, which in the case of the SS were introduced later, and the black woven labels, which do not contain contract numbers granted by the RZM, but by the VA SS.

And again, no one offers evidence from a primary source, i.e. the RZM itself, etc. as to the meaning of the large letter.

Also, the number of the manufacturer is not a "code number," but the number of its license from the RZM to produce regalia.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-23-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast