Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

S d diamonds

Article about: Dear Friend, thanks for your data on the movements of old woolens. The enlisted black Sipo/SD uniform did I examine at the beginning of the millenium. Mr. Coleman mentioned to me the black u

Default Re: S d diamonds

Dear Friend, thanks for your data on the movements of old woolens. The enlisted black Sipo/SD uniform did I examine at the beginning of the millenium. Mr. Coleman mentioned to me the black uniform you and he examined, which apparently resembles that of the Untersturmfuehrer in Charlottenburg illustrated above. According to my sources the enlisted uniform and the one you examined recently ( a black C Wagner cap, a black tailored tunic, and breeches, made by a Cologne tailor in early 1939) now mingle in a certain collection the owner of which retains his discretion. How can it be otherwise in such a topsy-turvy world? The remarkable thing about the black uniform you examined was the SD Raute with the Gestapa piping, as in the photo above. The cap posted here above is similar to the cap you examined, in fact, with the Cologne black uniform--but it is a different cap found in North Carolina a few years back and bashed on the other forum as one of the dagger king's made up wonders. There is always a good, hearty laugh with all this. Warm greetings to the Southwest and thanks for the kind intervention. FB

Addendum, also, the black Sipo/SD enlisted uniform above has the Alter Kaempfer Winkel, which is NOT present on the uniform that Mr. Hritz examined, likely because the owner of the latter uniform was a career police man, and most likely was in no position to join the NSDAP prior to 1933. In fact, the photos of the uniform I was able to examine and the likely name of its owner speak strongly for the famous Dienstgradangleichung of 1938, when a large number of Sipo/Gestapo officers received comensurate SS rank. The date of tailoring of the black ensemble, the likely date of manufacture of the cap, and, most imporant, the man's date of rank in the SS all jibe. Also, as you know the Gestapa was the predecessor of the Gestapo and was constituted early on of many old line political police figures from Prussia, of which Cologne was a part. I do not have these images in a form that I can share them here for the wider world, since the present owner insists on his privacy.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-08-2008 at 05:49 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement S d diamonds
    P
    Many

I am glad to know the SD officer tunic, trousers, and hat, that I had the privelidge to examine, now rests together and intact, in a collection. I am sure the new owner is pleased to have a perfect, matched and untouched relic of the SD. It truely was a thrill to have a few moments with that ensemble. Had I not been finishing a deal to complete my Deutschland Erwache standard, I would have spoken for that set, myself.

In this late day, few truely perfect examples come to be sold. It cannot be underscored strongly enought, the rarity of unaltered Third Reich SS garments. So many collectors, so few perfect originals.

Bob Hritz

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    I am glad to know the SD officer tunic, trousers, and hat, that I had the privelidge to examine, now rests together and intact, in a collection. I am sure the new owner is pleased to have a perfect, matched and untouched relic of the SD. It truely was a thrill to have a few moments with that ensemble. Had I not been finishing a deal to complete my Deutschland Erwache standard, I would have spoken for that set, myself.

In this late day, few truely perfect examples come to be sold. It cannot be underscored strongly enought, the rarity of unaltered Third Reich SS garments. So many collectors, so few perfect originals.

Bob Hritz
    Dear Friend, thanks for these wise observations. The bulk of black uniforms are from ex-Russian sources and have been improved recently to meet the staggering demand. Or, there are those pieces which got upgraded a long time ago to suit tastes of an earlier collecting bio-tope, especially the pieces, which as Bob Coleman describes, got robbed of their badges to please insignia collectors of yore. To be sure, the SD enlisted uniform with the Ehrenwinkel enclosed above is an integral, organic piece. The officer one I did not examine closely, and I cannot vouch for it. greetings, FB

The tunic of a junior officer, in the SD. He was a career policeman as well as an early member of the SS, as witnessed by the alte kampfer winkle on the right sleeve.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture S d diamonds  

Thanks so much for the image above. A marvelous piece. The grey uniforms with the open collar in this configuration are exceptionally rare and desirable. Congratulations.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-08-2008 at 02:06 AM.

As an adjunct to Mr. Hritz's grey coat, this image of the Deputy Reichsprotekor Boehmen/Maehren and his crack staff of young men in such grey coats in the palace in Prag....where are they all now?
    Attached Images Attached Images S d diamonds 
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-08-2008 at 03:14 AM.

Or here, the RFSS on his famous tour to Minsk in July 1941 with the images of Walter Frentz

Or here, with a more troubling image of the reality of these things...a scene from the first days of Nazi rule in the Generalgouvernement in Poland in 1939.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture S d diamonds  
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-08-2008 at 05:16 AM.

And this image, too....

Demien
    ?

SD officers really knows how to dress ! What bothers me is the fact that after the WW2 most of Gestapo killers didn't pay for their crimes, instead they were put to work as post war Police force, but on the other hand the Waffen SS brave solders were prosecuted for every little wrong thing done in the heat of the battle !

D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast