Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

SA/SS pilots wings SS Fliegersturm

Article about: hello from Germany, neeed help fot this Item ,It is embroidered with silver thread. Can it be original? Thank you and greetings beauty

For those interested in this particular paper trail here is another, earlier document I have been able to find. Unfortunately the linear nature of threads prevents me from presenting the correspondence in chronolgical order. In this one to the RZM, with his patience worn thin waiting for delivery, Sido requests authorization to obtain the flying badges himself.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA/SS pilots wings SS Fliegersturm  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA/SS pilots wings SS Fliegersturm
    P
    Many

Very interesting, and speaks to the collector group think of "textbook" with great clarity.

That is to say, here one has an example of reality versus the well known illustration in a secondary work. Moreover, one has the detail of the thing in the bureaucratic
    mill in detail.

Thanks for sharing your research with us.

?

This entire thread is awesome! Thank You for sharing everyone... Very informative and much appreciated!

Here are translations of the two additional documents. First the award document:

"Transcription.

The Commander of the SS Aviators
    Journal no. 438

Munich, 30th November 1932
    Barerstr. 4/II (center), phone: 51779

To:
    SS-Truppführer Franz Sido
    Augsburg

Following his return, the Reichsführer-SS has now endorsed your being awarded the Badge for SS Pilots, providing it to you along with the award document after payment of the amount of 8.95 Marks.

The Commander of the SS Aviators

signed: Häfner
    SS-Oberführer

For the accuracy:
    SS-Fliegerstaffelführer

Standartenführer

The Commander of the SS-Junkerschule Braunschweig
    A.B.
    (stamp)
    signed: signature
    SS-Obersturmführer and Adjutant*)

For the accuracy of the transcription:

[signed]
    SS-Hauptsturmführer**)

*) This entry is for the accuracy of the initial transcription of the original award document. The transcription was made at the SS officer candidate school at Braunschweig, where Sido was was serving as an instructor.

**) This entry is for the second-generation transcription of the first transcription.

Note that the recipients had to pay for their award, showing that the financial resources of the SS were still quite limited at the time.

(Of course, this was not so unusual at a time of economic hardship. Even recipients of the official airship- and tank crew members' commemorative badges issued during the Weimar period had to pay for these awards out of their own pocket.)

Also, note that 8.95 Marks was quite expensive, although this is not really surprising given that these were badges made in small quantities by elaborate hand-embroidery.

The other document:

"Franz Sido
    SS-Sturmbannführer

Braunschweig, 10th June 1937
    Loeperstrasse 1/O

To the
    Reichszeugmeisterei der N.S.D.A.P.
    Munich
    Schwanthalerstrasse.

The aluminum-embroidered SS Pilots' Badges that I require have been out of stock at the Reichszeugmeisterei for some time now.

Therefore, I request written authorization to commission these badges from a suitable local business.

I request the soonest possible delivery of this authorization and sign with

Heil Hitler!

signed Franz Sido

SS-Sturmbannführer

To the Verwaltungsamt SS
    with the request for execution of this matter!
    RZM
    12th July 1937
    per pro
    signed: signature

For the accuracy of the transcription:

[signed]
    SS-Hauptsturmführer

Bravo, Andreas. You are a professor of regalia! We are so lucky to have such a generous and wise personage.

How few are like him, and more should emulate his example.

Thanks to Mr. Derek for his wonderful cornucopia of documents and the time he spent unearthing their many, many secrets.

SA/SS pilots wings SS FliegersturmYoung persons also do not understand the technology of the typewriter and carbon paper, as well as the bureaucratic system to assure that copies of documents
    adhered to the original.

- - ------- - -

Sales of carbon paper were once a thing of financial majesty..

SA/SS pilots wings SS FliegersturmSA/SS pilots wings SS FliegersturmSA/SS pilots wings SS FliegersturmFuer die Richtigkeit der Abschrift.

SA/SS pilots wings SS FliegersturmSA/SS pilots wings SS FliegersturmSA/SS pilots wings SS FliegersturmI took my first typing class in 1966. But I was not and am not as good looking as these women.

I particularly enjoy the hectoring, aw sh!t tone of all SS correspondence.

The atta boys are few and far between, the aw sh!ts rain from heaven with a niggling irritation that mocks all description.

Considering that good ole' Heini Himmler made such a big deal of the status of being one of the first of the most elite, I can well partake
    of the supplicant's (Herr Sido's) irritation at not being able to wear his badge.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-18-2016 at 12:36 AM.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Young persons also do not understand the technology of the typewriter and carbon paper, as well as the bureaucratic system to assure that copies of documents adhered to the original.
    How well I remember learning the basics of typing on a big old Olympia typewriter before being allowed to graduate to that marvel of technology that was the IBM Selectric...

(I guess if you see me hammering away at a computer keyboard, you can still tell I come from mechanical typewriters.)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast