MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

SA und SS in schoener Eintracht.

Article about: These images are on the Life magazine site for those interested in SA and SS uniforms of an early date. Maybe they are happy Nazi Gebrueder, or some sign of unity before or after 30 June 193

Default SA und SS in schoener Eintracht.

These images are on the Life magazine site for those interested in SA and SS uniforms of an early date. Maybe they are happy Nazi Gebrueder, or some sign of unity before or after 30 June 1934. The things are w/o caption on said site. The state of dentistry reflected the depths of the world economic crisis, but the shine in their Nazi eyes is what matters.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA und SS in schoener  Eintracht.   SA und SS in schoener  Eintracht.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA und SS in schoener  Eintracht.
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA und SS in schoener Eintracht.

Is this the man's hat?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA und SS in schoener  Eintracht.  
    Attached Images Attached Images SA und SS in schoener  Eintracht.  SA und SS in schoener  Eintracht. 

They are a great couple of photos. Proponents of "textbook" and standardisation just need to look the brown shirts and see what a colour range can be see.

I find 1934 one of the great "what if'" years.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    They are a great couple of photos.

Cheers, Ade.

How true. Well, surely if Dolfuss had not wiped out the Social Democrats in the Karl Marx Hof in Vienna; and AH had not creamed Roehm and the other SA potentates in Munich and beyond (to include one of the Strasser brothers and Kurt von Schleicher); and Himmler had not unleashed SS Standarte 89 on Dolfuss in the Ballhausplatz in Vienna and elsewhere throughout Austria; and Stalin had not murdered Kirov, maybe the world would have been a more kind and gentle place. But the tide of violence picked up considerable energy at said time. And I will leave to my American chums to recount the gang land events of said year, too, as well as extra European events (China?) of which I am only dimly aware in my own limited knowledge.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA und SS in schoener  Eintracht.  

The book to read on the July 1934 Putsch by the SA and SS is attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images SA und SS in schoener  Eintracht. 

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    They are a great couple of photos. Proponents of "textbook" and standardisation just need to look the brown shirts and see what a colour range can be see.

Cheers, Ade.
    "Textbook" is an excuse for many people here to avoid confronting the complexity of the past and otherwise to insert dogmatism where reflection and further analysis are sorely needed. But the human desire for a list of rules and regulations is especially acute in the face of confusion. After all, look at the 21st century.

I celebrate all the colors of brown shirts and all the pipings on said collars. In fact, if you actually collect these things, they come complete with the proud declamation that they are dye fast, which plainly most were not.

I would say pic 2 and 3 are similar to the picture's one.