Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sahara Tunic

Article about: I picked up this sahara in 1986 at a flea market in so. cal. At the time I didn't even know what a sahara was, but I thought that the sleeve eagle looked good. Buttons are matching painted g

?

Default Sahara Tunic

I picked up this sahara in 1986 at a flea market in so. cal. At the time I didn't even know what a sahara was, but I thought that the sleeve eagle looked good. Buttons are matching painted gray aluminum, sewn on, and marked "mk5 " & "1943". Some parts of the tunic are different shades. There is an ink outline under the eagle. I'd like to get some opinions. Thanks, Rob.Sahara TunicSahara TunicSahara TunicSahara TunicSahara TunicSahara TunicSahara Tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sahara Tunic
    P
    Many

Hi Rob, the sleeve eagle is actually bad. Known in the USA as the "Bowling Pin" eagle due to the rather fat shape of the eagles body.

Re the tunic: Not something I have ever owned so others will be able to tell you more.

I have not observed the ink outline to where the sleeve eagle sits before???

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I agree with Ade bad eagle The size stamp seems very clear indeed,I'm not very experienced with clothing so the tunic could be good.It does look to have been bleached by the sun at some point.
    Cheers
    Dave.

?

Thanks, Dave and Ade, the eagle does look like a bowling pin, lol. Maybe there's still hope for the tunic. Thanks
    again, Rob

?

Italian coats have wood buttons and button to the collar. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.