Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Salty Original SS Officer Tabs

Article about: Nice haul, I like the Fachfuehrer Shoulder Boards and the Obersturmbannfuehrer Set of Tabs.

Default Salty Original SS Officer Tabs

I just had the chance to view this Collection brought back from a vet. The lighting is bad because of his home and the flash on my camera did not help but the detail speaks for itself. He also had the nicest unissued SS Officers dress belt I have ever seen. Its an amazing collection. I will be posting pictures from it in the propper forums.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Salty Original SS Officer Tabs   Salty Original SS Officer Tabs  

Salty Original SS Officer Tabs   Salty Original SS Officer Tabs  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Salty Original SS Officer Tabs
    P
    Many

Default Re: Salty Original SS Officer Tabs

Here are the shoulder boards. Can anyone advise what the red twist piping means?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Salty Original SS Officer Tabs   Salty Original SS Officer Tabs  

Salty Original SS Officer Tabs  

I'm not sure what the red twist piping means, but I want a pair

Me too. The collection includes a SS Chained, SS VT peaked cap, BYF 41 Luger with two matching mags, SS Officers dress belt, several large flags including some that I have never seen, and other misc items some of which I have never seen.

The red and white piping is for the equivalent of a Heeresbeamter in the structure of the SS, i.e. a military official without normal line rank, in the service support role or not unlike the Offizier des militaerfachlichen Dienstes in present day central European armies.
    Very fine bits of insignia of significant rarity. Bravo. I especially like the alu. Sternchen on the Obersturmbannfuehrer rank badge.

As the story goes the Vet that came in to possession of these items from a SS command post in France. I do not know where it was for sure but the nature of all of this insignia helps me with the story. Most everything he had was something of an admin in nature.

Very nice catch! Can't wait to see the SS Chained, SS VT peaked cap, BYF 41 Luger, and the SS Officers dress belt!

Would the shoulderboards shown Killroy's photos be for the same equivalent as a SS Fachfuhrer? Here is another photo (from elsewhere) of such boards that have been deemed accordingly . . .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Salty Original SS Officer Tabs  

Yes, they are Fachfuhrer.

All nice items shown.

Cheers, Ade.

So nice to see original material in a kind of virgin state--such a contrast to the endless junk.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    So nice to see original material in a kind of virgin state--such a contrast to the endless junk.
    +1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast