Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sanitaetsabteilung der SSVT and an unknown woman Then and Now.

Article about: by napalm Has one seen a period photo of a work bench used in the hand embroidery as shown above? Thks I rather thought that my image of the woman in Fahnen Fleck was sufficient. Here is ano

Default Sanitaetsabteilung der SSVT and an unknown woman Then and Now.

Then and now. Did this woman create this object? Sanitaetsabteilung der SSVT  and an unknown woman  Then and Now.Sanitaetsabteilung der SSVT  and an unknown woman  Then and Now. A span of more than seven decades from when this image was made and this uniform was issued. Sanitaetsabteilung der SSVT  and an unknown woman  Then and Now.?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-07-2012 at 03:08 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sanitaetsabteilung der SSVT  and an unknown woman  Then and Now.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Sanitaetsabteilung der SSVT and an unknown woman Then and Now.

How interesting , especially as you can see more or less how these were hand sewn in stages, the Abteilung appears to have been the first wording then the completion of the cuff title, whereas you would expect the sewing was done from left to right, and also theres every chance that this lady did actually sew the one shown, i wonder if this was the correct procedure or just an easy way for her to do it

Sanitaetsabteilung der SSVT  and an unknown woman  Then and Now.Sanitaetsabteilung der SSVT  and an unknown woman  Then and Now.
    Quote by davejb View Post
    How interesting , especially as you can see more or less how these were hand sewn in stages, the Abteilung appears to have been the first wording then the completion of the cuff title, whereas you would expect the sewing was done from left to right, and also theres every chance that this lady did actually sew the one shown, i wonder if this was the correct procedure or just an easy way for her to do it
    I have no idea. I wonder if there is any remnant of Fahnen Fleck in Hamburg or anyone who is still able to do such embroidery.
    The image is from Fahnen Fleck, in Hamburg ca 1936, if I recall. I found it in UM. The overcoat was made in 1935 and issued in 1936.

?

To be honest, im not too sure if there would be anyone capable of doing this type of work nowadays, what with the computerised techniques they have now, my wife is a very good seamstress, embroiderer and she stated that it would be very difficult without the use of a form of template actually "chalked on", she assumes that the type of blank material used which has a number of indentations and raised points would help to attain this standard

Quote by davejb View Post
    To be honest, im not too sure if there would be anyone capable of doing this type of work nowadays, what with the computerised techniques they have now, my wife is a very good seamstress, embroiderer and she stated that it would be very difficult without the use of a form of template actually "chalked on", she assumes that the type of blank material used which has a number of indentations and raised points would help to attain this standard
    thank you. The Bw still wears not dissimilar cuff titles, of course, which are made in Pakistan, as we all know. I do not think such are made in Germany any longer.

?

At the right side in the embroydery table she has something like a stencils . Also interesting that she made the embroidery in a long cuts of cufftitles, and not all is similar, there is a Deutschland appears
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

What does the 90 marking means on the overcoat's marking? Normally European size 44, 46, 50, 52, 54,56 must be there
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    What does the 90 marking means on the overcoat's marking? Normally European size 44, 46, 50, 52, 54,56 must be there
    90 is a long/slim men's size. (The number refers to the maximum chest size in cm minus 1) See here for a size chart:
    Konfektionsgröße
    (about halfway down the page under "Herren")

Sanitaetsabteilung der SSVT  and an unknown woman  Then and Now.Sanitaetsabteilung der SSVT  and an unknown woman  Then and Now.Sanitaetsabteilung der SSVT  and an unknown woman  Then and Now.
    Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    90 is a long/slim men's size. (The number refers to the maximum chest size in cm minus 1) See here for a size chart:
    Konfektionsgröße
    (about halfway down the page under "Herren")
    Thank you. The SS person wore a 46 size jacket and breeches. He must have been tall and thin, a good superman, as I am not. 46 and 90 more or less interoperate.

?

Has one seen a period photo of a work bench used in the hand embroidery as shown above? Thks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast