Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Schuma Cloth insignia , Uniforms, Schuma Items

Article about: UKRAINIAN - SCHUMA SD Tunic - 7 Buy the Book as a reference! "Deutsche Polizei-Uniformen" - by Dieter Deuster - IF you have a general interest in the POLIZEI branches (& especi

?

Default SCHUMA Related Polizei / SS Document - 1943 -#3

SCHUMA Related Polizei / SS Document - 1943 -#3

Document of Fritz Träger, SS-Sturmbannführer Waffen-SS / Major Rural Police /
    Ukrainian Volunteers Unit - Schutzmannschafts Bataillon 143-146.

"...Ukrainischen Schumtzmannschafts-batl. 143-146 BdO. Urkraine..."
    Attached Images Attached Images Schuma Cloth insignia , Uniforms, Schuma Items 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schuma Cloth insignia , Uniforms, Schuma Items
    P
    Many

?

Default SCHUMA Related Polizei / SS Document - 1943 -#4

SCHUMA Related Polizei / SS Document - 1943 -#4

?

Default SCHUMA Related Polizei / SS Document - 1943 -#5

SCHUMA Related Polizei / SS Document - 1943 -#5

?

Default SCHUMA Related Polizei / SS Document - 1943 - #6

SCHUMA Related Polizei / SS Document - 1943 - #6

...Txs, Dave/dblmed

?

Default UKRAINIAN - SCHUMA SD Tunic - 1

UKRAINIAN - SCHUMA SD Tunic - 1

Gordon Craig posted his Sensational SCHUMA on the below Thread,
    and has graciously allowed me to show it on our SCHUMA Thread.
    SCHUMA ? Insignia, Headgear, Uniforms & Other - Gentleman's Military Interest Club - Page 4

Gentlemen,

Here is a picture of my Ukrainian SCHUMA tunic. It has some moth damage but considering the rarity it was worth adding to my collection. Sorry that I could not button it up. The thread on one button has already let go so I leave it unbuttoned. Please ignore the badges. They are both copies. They are just there so I can keep track of them. ...... Regards, Gordon
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schuma Cloth insignia , Uniforms, Schuma Items  

?

Default UKRAINIAN - SCHUMA SD Tunic - 2

UKRAINIAN - SCHUMA SD Tunic - 2

Posted for Gordon Craig:

A closer view of the Badges / Patches on the left arm.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schuma Cloth insignia , Uniforms, Schuma Items  

?

Default UKRAINIAN - SCHUMA SD Tunic - 3

UKRAINIAN - SCHUMA SD Tunic - 3

Posted for Gordon Craig:

Yes it has Polizei markings in side. Po1941 inside the left side of the tunic and size and Maker's Marks on the right side. Pictures are below.

?

Default UKRAINIAN - SCHUMA SD Tunic - 4

UKRAINIAN - SCHUMA SD Tunic - 4

Posted for Gordon Craig:

And the Size and Maker's Marks.

?

Default UKRAINIAN - SCHUMA SD Tunic - 5

UKRAINIAN - SCHUMA SD Tunic - 5

Gordon, ..... Your Ukrainian SCHUMA Tunic has my head spinning, because it is so very special(!) I've spent a great deal of time admiring it... Schuma tunics came in a variety of configurations - from using recylcled prior Baltic Uniforms - to - Allgemeine SS Uniforms (with a blue cuff & collar added on) - to - the various models of Polizei Uniforms (& probably some other types, which I am forgetting!)

Your tunic started off its life as a super SchuPo (Schutzpolizei) tunic, with all of that outstanding Green Piping at the collar, vertical button line & above the 'chocolate' cuffs. It was then shipped OST - where it was issued to the SCHUMA Police, and it was kitted out for an SD / Sicherheitspolizei Schuma man, of the rank of Vizekorporal.

The SCHUMA Officers & Men assigned to the SD wore 'Black' - Like their parent SD - using black collar tabs; black shoulder boards & black sleeve patch (with some differences between ranks):

• Shoulder Boards - EM/NCO's wore black Shoulder Boards with green piping - & - Officers wore black Shoulder Boards with silver / Aluminum thread piping - both having prominent white Swastikas.

• Sleeve Patches - EM/NCO's wore the black sleeve patch, which used grey/off-white thread for the Schuma 'Emblem.' Officers wore a black sleeve patch, which used silver / Aluminum thread for the Schuma 'Emblem.' (I have also seen one SD Schuma Officer sleeve patch which was made using silver bullion.)

• Collar Tabs / Patches - were black & could be either an Long parallelogram shape - or - a Short parallelogram shape - more "SS-Like." (This was new information which I learned from reading Dieter Deuster's recently published book "Deutsche Polizei-Uniformen."

Your tunic's Collar Tabs / Patches are exquisite & they 'push the envelope' - in that they even have Green Piping around the edges! (Since the SD used green as their unterlage / underlay, then this fits in perfectly.)

Everything about your Ukrainian SCHUMA Tunic is just outstanding, IMO(!) CONGRATS....

Below is a partial table from Deuster's book. It gives a very nice overview of the various Collar Tabs & Shoulder Boards - with your SD man being the 2nd from the right (& the 'alternate' form of using the smaller Collar Tabs [such as yours] is shown below.).
    ...Txs, Dave/dblmed

?

Default UKRAINIAN - SCHUMA SD Tunic - 6

UKRAINIAN - SCHUMA SD Tunic - 6

Dieter Deuster's book "Deutsche Polizei-Uniformen" - shows the various Schuma:

* Sleeve Patches -
    * Cap Patches - & -
    * National 'Identity' Kokardes

- - - As below, from bottom to top.

The SD SCHUMA is again on the Right side of the table. Deuster omits the Schuma Feuerschutzpolizei sleeve patch (but perhaps he ran out of room on the page?)

The Ukrainian Kokarde is on the far upper right - & it echos the 'Yellow & Blue' colors of the sleeve patch on Gordon's SCHUMA tunic.
    ...Txs, Dave/dblmed

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast