Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Schuma Cloth insignia , Uniforms, Schuma Items

Article about: UKRAINIAN - SCHUMA SD Tunic - 7 Buy the Book as a reference! "Deutsche Polizei-Uniformen" - by Dieter Deuster - IF you have a general interest in the POLIZEI branches (& especi

?

Default UKRAINIAN - SCHUMA SD Tunic - 7

UKRAINIAN - SCHUMA SD Tunic - 7

Buy the Book as a reference! "Deutsche Polizei-Uniformen" - by Dieter Deuster -

IF you have a general interest in the POLIZEI branches (& especially if you are interested in the SCHUMA or the TeNo (Technische Nothilfe.) It really clears up a lot of previously unknown, or confusing, information & the Bibliography leads you to the original sources, for a further detailed study of the regulations.

I bought my copy on German ebay [ ebay.de ] YES - it is in German, but you don't need to speak German to enjoy the tables (tafels) and photos. I'm slowly translating my copy, [ Godd old Babelfish! ] as I find this book to be that worthwhile!... Txs, Dave/dblmed
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schuma Cloth insignia , Uniforms, Schuma Items  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schuma Cloth insignia , Uniforms, Schuma Items
    P
    Many

?

Default UKRAINIAN - SCHUMA SD Tunic - 8

UKRAINIAN - SCHUMA SD Tunic - 8

Posted for Gordon Craig:

Thanks for your very interesting response. I have several books on polizei but not this particular one. I'll have to add it to my library. I did a lot of research several years ago on the SCHUMA but that was before the days of the net and there wasn't alot of info avaiable.

I have a few Polizei uniforms and most of them are post war. I have a magazine that has some very interesting SCHUMA period pictures in it but can not find it at the moment.

I have been living in Budapest for the last three years and just returned to Canada at the end of August and I am still unpacking my collection and trying to figure out where to put it all. ...Regards, Gordon

?

Default re: Schuma Cloth insignia , Uniforms, Schuma Items

db this is my Schuma patch hope you like it. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schuma Cloth insignia , Uniforms, Schuma Items   Schuma Cloth insignia , Uniforms, Schuma Items  

?

Default Nice Schuma Feuerschutzpolizei Patch

Nice Schuma Feuerschutzpolizei Patch(!)

The 'known' patches for the Schuma Feuerschutzpolizei have been found as Only the
    embroidered type & not as the "BeVo" style type of the other Schuma branches.
    WHY? Who knows?

Maybe someone does have an example of a "BeVo" style sleeve patch for the Schuma Feuerschutzpolizei ,
    out there Somewhere, which hasn't been seen before? That would be neat!

A very nice example, Gary! ...Txs, Dave/dblmed
    Last edited by dblmed; 02-03-2010 at 08:44 AM. Reason: sp

?

Hi Dave, I have seen a bevo type for Red Schuma shields - I believe Ian from England has one in his collection. They are very hard to find but do exist.

?

Default BLACK Schuma Collar Tabs - 1

Schuma Tabs Question

GREAT THREAD! Hello All!. Would this pair of tabs go together?
    They came together from the Vet's son.
    From what I have seen in searching the forum the tabs should be a mirror image of each
    other, but is this combination possible as well for any of the Schuma groups?

Thanks for any help,

John T. ........ email: militarybuyer@aol.com

Last edited by dblmed; 02-20-2011 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Sp

?

Schuma tabs - REVERSE

?

Default BLACK Schuma Collar Tabs

Nice SCHUMA Tabs (!)

Hi John - Nice SCHUMA Tabs (!) CONGRATS !

From what I've read & from the Schuma photos which I've seen [granted, not that many!], it seems that Schuma collar tabs were worn as identical matched pairs.

Yours, from a reliable Vet source, might represent what he gathered up from a supply depot, or other source, IMO.

At any rate = NICE Schuma items. Thanks for posting them. Best, ... Dave L / dblmed

?

Default Rank - of SCHUMA Sicherheitspolizei Plain [No Tresse] Black Right Collar Tab

Rank - of SCHUMA Sicherheitspolizei Plain [No Tresse] Black Right Collar Tab??

I was thinking about John T's nice Schuma tab, so I reviewed Dieter Deuster's "Deutsche Polizei-Uniformen." If you collect Police or TeNo or Schuma – this book is a 'must-have' Reference for your library, although it is written in German only. I've translated the TeNo chapter & part of the Schuma chapter – more to go.]

Using Deuster's Tafel SM 4, page 428, as a starting base, I've added some of the SCHUMA Sicherheitspolizei ranking; John's blank tabs & real examples of the 4 shoulder board types.

John's SCHUMA Sicherheitspolizei Plain [No Tresse] Black Collar Tab is a match for the Right Sided collar tab, of the rank of SCHUTZMANN. [Deuster shows the SCHUMA Schutzpolizei ranks [Green], but it is my understanding that the SCHUMA Sicherheitspolizei followed the same naming pattern.]

Askold has a valid point also, IMO. It would be quite reasonable that 'excess supplies' of the Blank Black Collar Tabs might have been supplied to SCHUMA units, so that the Tresse could be added locally for promotions. [Supply was certainly a real problem in the vast areas where the SCHUMA operated.] The Blank Black Collar tab could well have had 2 purposes – for the SCHUTZMAN rank & for use in future promotions.

The above follows the Dienstgradabzeichen of 1943-1945 [although I believe that it was also in use in late 1942 also]. The 'classic' 1942 SCHUMA ranking was by means of various series of a Silver Tresse "V" & Silver Tresse linear stripes (1-4) worn on the left lower sleeve, above the cuff. Interesting stuff !

SCHUMA collecting is a continuing study of history!
    [Roman, Txs again for the variant Schuma Feuerpolizei Tab!] … Dave L / dblmed

?

Default RE: Variant SCHUMA Fire Police Shoulder Boards

RE: Variant SCHUMA Fire Police Shoulder Boards

Part of the fun of SCHUMA collecting is finding the unexpected! Just when you think that you "sort of" have the Insignias of this TR organization figured out – something previously unknown pops up.

Thanks to a keen eyed friend [Askold Txs!] I was able to add a 'variant' type of SCHUMA Fire Police shoulder board set to the collection. It is a not seen before type for me – but perhaps other collectors have come across it? It's not shown in Dieter Deuster's fine book with the SCHUMA chapter, so it's a bit of a mystery yet.

As is Attached Below:

A - SCHUMA Fire Police Boards A – represent the 'Typical' shoulder boards attributed to this branch. The base cloth [top & bottom] is Police Green, with Fire Police RED used for the piping & the swastika.

B- SCHUMA Fire Police Boards B – represents, IMO an 'Atypical' / unusual shoulder board set, also consistent with the Fire Police. For B, the base cloth [top & bottom] is BLACK, with Crimson-RED used for the piping & ROSA used for the swastika. The overall pattern is consistent with SCHUMA boards.

WHY - the observed Color differences?:

(1) It could well be a war time expediency of just using the available cloth materials – since fabricating SCHUMA Insignia was not at the top of the priorities list; or –

(2) The central swastika ROSA faded due to the dye-lot or exposure to light [but I rather doubt this explanation; or -

(3) The SCHUMA B shoulder boards 'could' have been manufactured to designate a yet unknown Fire Police function [i.e. Airfield Fire Police vs Municipal Fire Police vs. Rural Fire Police, etc., bzw.]; or –

(4) Another yet unknown function?

What is your Opinion & Thoughts on these SCHUMA Boards? ….. Txs, Dave L / dblmed

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast