Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Schutz Staffel sammlung

Article about: My updated album pic of my SS collection. Only low end stuff I'm afraid Nick

Default Re: Schutz Staffel sammlung

And a 1939 version - both originals .
    I cannot judge yours , but be aware that there are very good reproductions of these in Alu nowadays . Buckle experts will be able to tell , you might want to take a picture of the markings ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schutz Staffel sammlung  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schutz Staffel sammlung
    P
    Many

All very nice pieces and a wonderful collection

Quote by Winkelman View Post
    The " OEL " obviously is not the makermark , but could be owners initials , period or not .
    Your makers marking is UNDERNEATH the rolling bar , and it would IMO be Overhoff 1937 to 1940 ( 36/37 - 36/40 ) .
    ( Because I think Overhoff was the only one to mark their Alu versions in that place - but it's been too long since I studied these to be sure about this . )

Here's a 1938 example >>
    You are correct! It is an Overhoff Here is a shot of the markings

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schutz Staffel sammlung  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

You are far too modest Nick, that is quite removed from a 'low end' collection! Surely some serious $$$ invested there!

Great tabs.......
    cheers
    Nikolaus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3