Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Schutzstaffel Kampfbinde reference Thread anyone?

Article about: We should make a section on the forum on how to identify an original from a reproduction. Everything from the construction style to the different types of Reichszeugmeisterei tags. I'm fairl

Default Schutzstaffel Kampfbinde reference Thread anyone?

We should make a section on the forum on how to identify an original from a reproduction. Everything from the construction style to the different types of Reichszeugmeisterei tags. I'm fairly new to collecting 3rd Reich artifacts but have recently purchased my first original SS Armband. As pictured below.
    What do you guys think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schutzstaffel Kampfbinde reference Thread anyone?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schutzstaffel Kampfbinde reference Thread anyone?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Schutzstaffel Kampfbinde reference Thread anyone?

I don't think it will be good to do this.. To identify how a orginal one looks like.
    If people need opinions on their items they will ask on forums.

This is also good info for fakers so the armband will be allmost perfect fakes? ( The constuction is simple so it won't be longer difficult to reproduce them?)

Just my opinion.

True, I see your point. They could also just purchase refernce books to "build" there fakes.

If they really want make good fakes they will allways do good research.. But this is just a give away.

And again, just my opinion.

Btw Great armband! I'm still missing one on my coat!

The fakes are getting better. Recently, there was an excellent fake posted on another forum. At first glance, it appeared to be genuine. After closer examination, it was found to be a fake. I agree that it would not be a good idea to place items in one thread as it would make work easier for the fakers. It is obvious that they do read the forums. I would not doubt that some even post their work to see what, if anything, is wrong with it. On line pictures are far more detailed than simple images found in the common reference book.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I would not doubt that some even post their work to see what, if anything, is wrong with it.
    Yes on another forum with camo helmets some years ago... but we have to keep our eyes open .
    Some collectors use blurry pictures to showing their items just too show as less as possible details.

It was just an idea. I suppose i'll just have to learn for myself. I wonder how they sleep at night knowing that they are curropting history as we know it.

You had good meanings with it don't worry, but don't let the enemy catch you with your the info you gave. ( That's also the reason why collectors don't tell why a item is good or why not)

There are many pictures of authentic regalia on this site, which you can examine with some effort on your part.