Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

schwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeit

Article about: by BenVK Something here about the validity of Willy Sprengpfeil license? There are two entries: in the first instance, a wholesaler of caps, cap parts, and cap badges in Iserlohn (Westfalen/

Default Re: schwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeit

S T U R M A B T E I L U N G E N...... i.e. the facings on SA caps, surely.

You should also translate the nasty, anti Semitic article about used clothing dealers, since this aspect is also quite central to the NSDAP and RZM, which was to wear away at the civil rights of those whom the regime despised.
    Of course, we do not embrace Nazi ideas on this website, but we are interested in the totality of the phenomenon.
    Thanks for the translation. It is typical of the pissy and nattering tone which is found throughout.

Ben, don't hate yourself. You enabled us to use these, which we are doing in a fine manner.

I assume that the RZM sent out caps with whatever facing color pleased them, or examples that may not have fitted exactly in the sortiment of said firm.
    The other thing that is remarkable, granted the 21st century obsession with maker XYZ or ABC is the number of withdrawn, suspended, surrendered, or revoked licenses. I mean, I own the Handbuch d. RZM, but with the to and fro every two weeks, how does anyone know that a number remained valid? Maybe the turmoil was less in later years, but I hardly think so.
    Thus, how clear is it, then, that the numbers we associate with said maker really do reflect same. The thing was not static.
    Oh well. Thanks to HPL2008 for his yeoman work as ever.schwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeit

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement schwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeit
    P
    Many

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I'm not sure I completely understand what this sentence means though "It goes without saying that the Reichszeugmeisterei has to distribute the sample caps with no regard for the various Gau-stripes or pipings"
    While the term "Gau" is a bit odd here, the "stripe" appears to refer to the colored facings on the cap tops of SA caps.

What they mean is that the sample caps were distributed without consideration for the regional colors matching the location of the manufacturer.

For example, when it comes to SA kepis, a Bavarian capmaker could not count on receiving a sample cap with the light-blue cap top for the Hochland region, a Berlin firm did not necessarily receive one with the black Berlin-Brandenburg color etc.; their samples could have any Gruppe color.

Of course, this did not really matter as the manufacturing process was the same no matter what color was used and the sample caps were not allowed to be sold anyway.

Plus, the recipient maker had to pay for the sample with cash money.
    Thanks for the elucidation. The lexicon of these circulars was hardly standardized, and the the presence of collector argot, or baby language or jargon as especially used on the other website is especially unhelpful when grappling with the original German.
    This issue is crucial granted the "textbook" obsession that operates generally. The RZM circulars do give clear specifications, say, for things made of metal, it is entirely true. However, textiles are something different in their range of possibilities and how standardization (to the extent that one can speak of same as some here understand this practice) embodied more lee way that one might imagine.

Thanks to our German colleagues for their skill with language.

I have a lot more for you to work on, in fact.

Happy hats and happy words.schwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeit
    Attached Images Attached Images schwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeit 

?

Ah, I see now. Many thanks.

There is mention of the SS Dienstmutze here in this passage, is it of interest?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture schwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeit  

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    You should also translate the nasty, anti Semitic article about used clothing dealers, since this aspect is also quite central to the NSDAP and RZM, which was to wear away at the civil rights of those whom the regime despised. Of course, we do not embrace Nazi ideas on this website, but we are interested in the totality of the phenomenon.
    Alright, then, here we go:

"Used
    items of clothing and equipment

Lately, the cases become more frequent where Jewish old-clothes dealers also offer items of clothing and equipment for the branches of the NSDAP in used condition at a considerably lower price.

The
    Reichszeugmeisterei warns against the purchase of such goods. Every licensed wholesale- or retail business or, respectively, manufacturing firm that purchases such items of equipment despite this warning shall be punished by the revocation of its license. Furthermore, every individual case shall be announced in the [RZM's] official bulletin. If a licensed firm receives such offers, they are to be forwarded to the RZM immediately. Every licensed manufacturer and all sales outlets are requested to report to the RZM every old-clothes dealer who deals in the selling of used regulated Party items with his precise address to be included."

This passage in post 14 indicates that: a.) there will be a price increase for caps; b.) the RZM and RFSS are about to issue strict guidelines on manufacture of service caps; c.) The RFSS was to order that the cap spring must remain in the cap cover of said caps, and those who purchase such caps must be instructed (belehrt) that the cap spring is to remain in place. I assume that this circular unveils the RFSS Ausfuehrung style of cap and its effort to keep the cap spring in place also embodies the pointlessness of orders.schwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeit
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-17-2011 at 02:52 AM.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Alright, then, here we go:

"Used
    items of clothing and equipment

Lately, the cases become more frequent where Jewish old-clothes dealers also offer items of clothing and equipment for the branches of the NSDAP in used condition at a considerably lower price.

The
    Reichszeugmeisterei warns against the purchase of such goods. Every licensed wholesale- or retail business or, respectively, manufacturing firm that purchases such items of equipment despite this warning shall be punished by the revocation of its license. Furthermore, every individual case shall be announced in the [RZM's] official bulletin. If a licensed firm receives such offers, they are to be forwarded to the RZM immediately. Every licensed manufacturer and all sales outlets are requested to report to the RZM every old-clothes dealer who deals in the selling of used regulated Party items with his precise address to be included."
    Thank you. I think this aspect is also important to understand, granted the ideological and racist goals of the regime. This sort of stuff is in UM, too, and, of course, mirrors the world of the time, in which commercial friction morphed into racist political dogma with tragic consequences. You see that some of the ethnic hatred had plainly material sources which were then gussied up in racial science claptrap.

I appreciate the help. The RZM is a very interesting entity.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-17-2011 at 02:54 AM.

The exchange here with the united effort of supple minds and many viewpoints shows the superiority of our site over that of the dingbats and the ankle biters.

Thanks to colleagues. Schoenes Wochenende wuensche ich auch...

?

Something here about the validity of Willy Sprengpfeil license?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture schwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeit  

?

Might I suggest that one of us start a new thread entitled Mitteilungsblatt der RZM that we can pin to the top of the SS forum?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast