Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

schwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeit

Article about: by BenVK Something here about the validity of Willy Sprengpfeil license? There are two entries: in the first instance, a wholesaler of caps, cap parts, and cap badges in Iserlohn (Westfalen/

Default Re: schwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeit

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Quick question, why do you always spell it Muetze and not Mutze?
    Ben, darling, Muetze is the way to spell the umlaut, which I do not have easily in my key board.
    Mutze is not a German word. It has the two dots over the u, is written out ue, or ae, or oe, depending......
    Please learn German, or I will keep doing it this way, but it is time consuming.schwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeit

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement schwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeit
    P
    Many

?

I'm such an idiot, forgive me!

No need for self reproach. All in a day's work.

Here from the fall of 1935, the announcement of the introduction of trikot textile caps for enlisted, NCO and officer ranks. Donnerwetter. Notice too the unending confusion about cuff titles and their embroidery.schwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeit

Saris used this source in his book, by the way, where is illustrated the cap I recently got....schwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeit

One hardly need add that Muetzentrikot is something different from Rocktrikot, and that used in trousers or breeches. If you encounter same, you will know. That used in officers' caps was of much finer quality than used in the issued enlisted caps, and the Sonderanfertigung enlisted caps are more of the officer's textile, but not entirely....

If it were easy, it would be on Twitter in 140 characters.....schwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeit

There is mention here, too, of grey green gloves, as in field grey? Or am I mistaken?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-17-2011 at 05:14 AM.

In reading these things the chronology of such foetid woolens becomes far more precise, and especially so in a way that the coffee table books surely do not unveil.

May your T r i k o t be free of u.v.schwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeitschwarze Muetze aus grosser Zeit rays and moth damage.....

Here is a translation of the price change document, which is particularly interesting as it contains reference to an item that is - well, at least to me - unknown:

"Price Changes
    No. 61 Service cap for SS-Man, tricot 4.20 RM apiece
    No. 211 Head warmer, earth grey 1.-- RM apiece
    No. 226 Woolen gloves, green-grey, with leather application 2.20 RM apiece
    No. 863 Cuff title for
    Rassewesen [Racial Matters] (Odal-Rune) -.50 RM apiece

42,35 New Listing:
    No. 67 Service cap for
    Untersturmführer through Standartenführer, black, standard, tricot 5.80 RM apiece

43,35 Tricot Caps
    For the time being, all categories of cloth caps for enlisted ranks as well as officers shall only be issued in T r i c o t .

44,35 Cuff Titles
    According to a decree of the RFSS
    [in this case Reichsführung-SS, i.e. the national SS high command, not Himmler in person], all cuff titles that have been described as having aluminum borders but were manufactured with white borders, remain according to regulations.

45,35 Leather Goods
    (Belts and Cross Straps)
    Now only available u n l i n e d in the new pattern
    ."

I am referring to the cuff title for Rassewesen personnel. They are known to have worn a sleeve diamond with the Odal-Rune, but I have never heard or read about a cuff title before.

And here's the "new insignia" document:

"27,34 New SS Service Insignia

The
    Reichsführung-SS has issued the following order, which we hereby bring to the knowledge of the firms licensed to sell SS-equipment and clothing.
    We expressly point out the order's final sentence, according to which the still-existing stocks of the previously-ordered pattern are distributed by us. Accordingly, the retail outlets and master tailors, who still have stocks of such insignia, are permitted to sell them off. The SS-agencies and SS-members are not entitled to refuse insignia of the previous pattern. The time by which the entire SS has to be equipped with the new insignia is yet to be announced. An exchange of the previously-ordered insignia into those of the newest pattern is strictly not undertaken.

The Reichsführer-SS
    The Head of SS-Office I O No. 0281 K./E.

SS Service Insignia

Collar Patches

Politische Bereitschaften.
    Aluminum embroidery from SS-Bewerber upwards.
    2. All other SS formations.
    Embroidery in light-grey silk from
    SS-Bewerber up to and including SS-Stabsscharführer. Aluminum embroidery from Untersturmführer upwards.

Cuff Titles

Aluminum embroidery from SS-Bewerber upwards. The cuff titles with white borders shall now have aluminum borders.
    SS-Bewerber up to and including Stabsscharführer. Alumunim embroidery from Untersturmführer upwards. The cuff titles with white borders shall now have aluminum borders.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Here is a translation of the price change document, which is particularly interesting as it contains reference to an item that is - well, at least to me - unknown:

"Price Changes
    No. 61 Service cap for SS-Man, tricot 4.20 RM apiece
    No. 211 Head warmer, earth grey 1.-- RM apiece
    No. 226 Woolen gloves, green-grey, with leather application 2.20 RM apiece
    No. 863 Cuff title for
    Rassewesen [Racial Matters] (Odal-Rune) -.50 RM apiece

42,35 New Listing:
    No. 67 Service cap for
    Untersturmführer through Standartenführer, black, standard, tricot 5.80 RM apiece

43,35 Tricot Caps
    For the time being, all categories of cloth caps for enlisted ranks as well as officers shall only be issued in T r i c o t .

44,35 Cuff Titles
    According to a decree of the RFSS
    [in this case Reichsführung-SS, i.e. the national SS high command, not Himmler in person], all cuff titles that have been described as having aluminum borders but were manufactured with white borders, remain according to regulations.

45,35 Leather Goods
    (Belts and Cross Straps)
    Now only available u n l i n e d in the new pattern
    ."

I am referring to the cuff title for Rassewesen personnel. They are known to have worn a sleeve diamond with the Odal-Rune, but I have never heard or read about a cuff title before.
    Thank you kindly, this entry is from the fall of 1935. You are right about the Odalrune thing. I have to print out the price list, with its numbers and the actual prices and compare, as the SS price list reappears throughout these circulars in the period 1934-5. Such a remarkable and interesting source which has not been interpreted sufficiently.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    And here's the "new insignia" document:

"27,34 New SS Service Insignia

The
    Reichsführung-SS has issued the following order, which we hereby bring to the knowledge of the firms licensed to sell SS-equipment and clothing.
    We expressly point out the order's final sentence, according to which the still-existing stocks of the previously-ordered pattern are distributed by us. Accordingly, the retail outlets and master tailors, who still have stocks of such insignia, are permitted to sell them off. The SS-agencies and SS-members are not entitled to refuse insignia of the previous pattern. The time by which the entire SS has to be equipped with the new insignia is yet to be announced. An exchange of the previously-ordered insignia into those of the newest pattern is strictly not undertaken.

The Reichsführer-SS
    The Head of SS-Office I O No. 0281 K./E.

SS Service Insignia

Collar Patches

Aluminum embroidery from SS-Bewerber upwards.
    SS-Bewerber up to and including SS-Stabsscharführer. Aluminum embroidery from Untersturmführer upwards.

Cuff Titles

Aluminum embroidery from SS-Bewerber upwards. The cuff titles with white borders shall now have aluminum borders.
    SS-Bewerber up to and including Stabsscharführer. Alumunim embroidery from Untersturmführer upwards. The cuff titles with white borders shall now have aluminum borders.

this document was from the spring of 1934, I believe. It is mentioned in several secondary works, beginning with Mollo.

The real kicker would be to find the Beschaffungsamt SS files in the RFSS files, that is, the administrative process that led to these pronouncements. The same would also be true from the RZM files. Since the US ended up with the RZM building, one would think that the documents survived somehow. Our colleagues closer to the Bavarian State Library should go look. I am in Munich more often than I have been, but I am always struggling with my GPS machine to find my hotel and then am distracted in persons in dirndls.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast